clogged milk duct :/ ahhh it hurts .

so on my right breast it is hard as a rock , i pump and pump and pump and it doesnt produce any milk and even if it does it only gives me 1 ounce ! i had gotten a pimple looking bump on my breast and when i googled it they said it was something dealing with a plugged milk duct . ive tried everything , putting a hot compress on my breast while pumping , got it a hot shower and massaged my breast to try and relieve the pressure , and my hubby even layed there and massaged my breast after i got out the shower so i tried to pump again and still nothing . i know this can lead to breast infection or worse . i really dont want to go to the doctors cause i dont want to risk them just giving me something to dry my milk up cause my daughter is 3 weeks old now and ive been breastfeeding since day one !
what you i do ?

Comments

• Is the bump on your nipple or breast ?
  • Try popping the bump
  • I did , but it has gone down flat it is still red tho ! :/
  • Just let your little nurse off that side first so they can suck out the clog
  • Yea I've been doing everything , I'm siting here right now just letting my pump do its job . I've been pumping for 20 min already . I might even take a nap while its pumping lmao
  • Sometimes the pump doesn't empty it as well. Let the baby nurse that side with ecru feeding before offering the other side. If baby doesn't want the other side after nursing just pump that non clogged side. I had the same problem and even though I have a top of the line pump the only thing that worked was him nursing of that side each feeding until it was emptied completely and done several times.
  • I'm not saying I don't feed her of my breast , the only reason I'm pumping is she is sleeping and has already ate
  • Yeah I do the same thing. I wasn't saying that you didn't fed of the breast I was just saying that to relieve that clog you need to empty completely and the best way is to nurse.
  • True , I would have to pump & then give her the rest of my breast then . Cause she eats 3 ounces & my best produces 5 :/
  • my left was like that so i pumped it religiously and thankgod it went down it was bigger than my right
  • From a fellow ftm and one who has had mastitis twice, I found that putting pressure on the duct/squeezing it while pumping will get the duct to release. It does hurt, but you can gradually add more pressure to it as the pain eases and to get more milk to release. It works everytime for me. Good luck!
  • I agree with @meliz1187 I had to massage the living crap out of my boob while pumping after a hot shower to unclog a duct, it hurt so bad, but it worked.