For those that want to lose the weight naturally.....it really works!

edited November 2011 in Postpartum Health
I've been drinking cups of 100% chamomille tea. Go to the mexican aisle where the condiments are, the chamomille look like bundles of dry grass in a clear plastic bag. They are cheap, like .99¢ or $1.49 for a bag. Use like 10 sticks in a pot with like about half gallon of water and let boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drink it hot after your meals and in between meals. The more the better. My stomach is almost flat after 10 days of giving birth by c-section. I already lost 22 pounds including the babies weight of course. I am not breastfeeding, and everyone that sees me is amazed how thin I look already. Make sure you cover yourself well like wear socks, long sleeves and cover your head. If you get tooo much air it can go to your stomach and you will not be able to lose the weight.

Comments

• I'm gonna try that! I always wondered why my mom told me to cover up, I just thought it was an old Mexican tradition...its too late for me, a day after giving birth I was walking barefoot and in tank tops and shorts :(
  • Yeah it does help a lot. I was drinking the chamomile tea too, I lost 30 lbs @ 2 weeks pp but after that the pounds stopped coming off. I wasn't breastfeeding either. Did u mean chamomile or cinnamon tea? I noticed you said you boil the sticks.
  • @excitedforoctober- lmao my mom is the same way!!! Last night I went to macy's at midnight in my flip flops and I'd always do that before w no problem. Well not anymore my back was killing me after that.
  • @JuliansMommy Lmao, omg seriously all you would hear was "Naaancy tapate" "Naaaancy ponte chanclas" lol...no wonder my back is killing me now!!!! :(
  • edited November 2011
    @excitedforoctober- hahaha my mom says "a donde vas asi Ana porq andas encuerada vas agarrar aire en la espalda" and I'm like ama es q uste ya esta viejita por eso le duele la espalda (she's really not that old). When I lived w her and I'd leave for work in the winte time with no sweater or jacket I'd seriously run to the garage to my car so I didn't have to hear it. But as always my mommy was right.
  • @juliansmommy cres que me sirva a mi tengo tres meses de aver tenido ami baby ?
  • @JuliansMommy lmfao! Even today that we went shopping at 5am she asked if I had my scarf on, it never stops! Lol ...well We learned our lesson! :(
  • @JuliansMommy Yes I meant chamomille, manzanilla of course but since I didn't know whether to type twigs, sprigs or sticks. So I just put sticks. Your funny but yes, your mom sounds like my mom, grandma, aunts and cousins. :)

But yes ladies, I think you all should still try it even though its been a long time you gave birth or if you went barefoot, etc.
  • @jwrnjjp are u a small girl to begin with? Will it work if u were a little heavy before getting pregnant?
  • @Xsuzy21x. I am considered overweight for my height and weight. Before getting pregnant I was 160 and my height is 5'1" and my last weight during pregnancy was 183. So yes I was a little heavy before. So try it.
  • Are u eating healthy also?i will have to try it then hopefully it works im tryin to lose all the extra weight
  • I wonder if its ok to drink if u are Breastfeeding, anyone know?
  • Do you think the one on the little bag work the same?
  • @Xsuzy21x. I'm not eating healthy but I'm only eating twice per day, now that my baby is here I am no longer super duper hungry. But I'm sure that if you eat healthy it should help more.

@annaluis I don't know as I have tried those before and don't taste the same as the natural one. I guess if u can't find the natural one then by all means use those.
  • edited November 2011
    @momma_erica You'll be fine. Its a natural flower tea, there isnt anything artificial or harmful in it that will interfere with BF. You're good :-)
  • Yea, ur right it dosent have that much flavor... I will go a buy the natural once and thank you
  • Why would u always be covered up so confused?
  • @yazmin31- pues yo diria que lo intentaras. La manzanilla sirve para muchas cosas y es natural.
  • I was 233 pre-preg. 260 @ 39wk check up. C-section @ 39&5. 221 @ 2wks pp.
  • @juliansmommy gracias lo voy hacer
  • @jules...well I don't know how long this has been going on, but from our hispanic culture we have been told to cover well for the first 40 days after giving birth. If you don't then you can get air inside your body and will go to your stomach leaving you with a belly that you won't be able to lose.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I went and bought the chamomile, but it doesn't look like grass, it looks like little flowers. Is it the same one?
  • Yeah it should be the same, you got one that has flowers and not the stems but I think it should work just the same.