Tips to help baby get baby on schedule

He has his days and nights mixed up how can I help him?

Comments

• I get my daughter to sleep in the same area of the house im in during the day with lights on and I keep its noisy with tv etc. At bed time I keep things quiet and lights dim and she stays in the bedroom, if she gets unsettled I settle her in that room and dont bring her out. I have done the same thing with both kids and works well
  • Its so hard to keep him up and awake he passes out after everyfeeding but he gets into such a deep sleep he barely comes out of it lol. But this is all during the day, i have the lights on and tv and go about doing stuff like i normally would with him in the living room with me. And at night time i have him sleeping with us in the bed room he is in a little glider bed thing and i have his soft music like rain,ocean,heart beat, lullaby music thing and it has a projecter thing that shows pictures on the ceiling for him. But he will wake up and scream like he is pissed off or something during the night, but during the day barely makes a peep..
    @tinka1326
  • edited November 2011
    Maybe too much going on with the gliding, lights and music? Try it without those things. Maybe quiet, or try the tv on quietly while u sleep if u can
  • Im down to try anything! LOL mommy needs to sleep at night, because i havent quite got the sleep when baby sleeps down yet, my body is like its day time slacker why you want to sleep.... lol @Nicoleok87
  • My baby had the same problem until just a few nights ago. She's almost 4 weeks old and sleeps ALOT. She was sleeping 3-4 hr stretches during the day and waking up every 1 hr at night. Here's how I switched her: at about 8pm we wake her up and play with her, give her tummy time, etc. Anything to keep her awake. This usually results in her getting good and mad and exhausted. At around 10pm we give her a bath. Then I feed her and put her in bed. She now sleeps at least 4 hrs straight at night!
  • Omg I'm totally gonna try that!!! @vtmamajuju thanks for the idea I never thought of tha even tho I should have haha lack of sleep
  • What I do is give her a bath before bedtime and then I feed her and she will sleep all nite and wake up at 7 or 8 to eat again and go right back to sleep
  • My problem is my son sleeping n he's bed he wont sleep with out me once I put him dwn that's it he starts crying please I need help ladies
  • Do you ladies give them a bath every night before bed? I heard that wasn't too good for their skin??? That's the only reason I haven't did that yet. She does sleep good after a bath I just didn't know about the every night thing.
  • I was thinking of giving brody a bath every night but not wash him. Just rinse him off kinda. Would that work?
  • I have given my lo a bath everyday sine his cord fell off. I just lotion him up real good afterward.
  • I think the music and everything may be too much too. At night all my lights are really dim, I put her in pjs, swaddle her, and then feed her. I do not swaddle during the day. It is like a clue that it is bedtime. I stop talking or singing. If she is really fussy after her feeding I will give her gripe water and rock her in the glider. Good luck, let us know. Oh during the day when she is awake I make sure I talk to her and do tummy time to keep her up as long as I can.
  • Some babies dont like the quiet of night time and prefer the noise of daytime so maybe s tv it radio going at night will help
  • edited November 2011
    So last night I did the tummy time and bath cut out all nosies just had his little projector thing going basically as a night light and he only got up 3 times. It deff helped getting them extra hours! Thanks so much for the advice ladies im hoping it works tonight to. Except minus the bath cuz I don't want to dry out his skin or anything @tinka1326 @momaynot @crystaldawn0830 @samantha @kingsmom @roxy @jazzie @vtmamajuju @nicolerok87
  • Yeah!!!! Maybe it was the sound. Good job mommy! Don't get discouraged if it doesn't go as smoothly every night just keep up your routine and your Lo will get the hang of it. I think they just need a clue to let them know it is bedtime. Yours will be tummy time and then no sounds. Be proud of yourself! Being a mom is hard work but worth it. :)
  • Like many people mentioned I also keep her in the living areas and her room to play during the day with the blinds opened for natural light. I even feed her on the couch. She naps in her bouncer or swing in the living room. At night I always feed her in my rocking chair in her room, lights off, and turn on her lullaby music.