tearing with second child?

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
With my first I had an episiotomy and still had third degree tears. So I'm curious if you ladies that have had multiple children tore with your second and how bad. I'm hoping I don't but don't really know what to expect. thanks!

Comments

• Bump...i want to know too! Had second degree tear with my first, no episiotomy.
  • My first I had an episiotomy she was 7# 8 oz, my second I had minor tearing internally with a few stitches he was 9# 5 oz, and with my 3 rd I tore just to the side of where an episiotomy would have been had stitches she was 9# 13 oz.
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for the bump! I'm really hoping I don't have to do the whole water bottle thing again @new_baby_in_oct
  • edited October 2011
    @jbando3 my son was 8# 5 oz and I was 17 so that prob played a role. This one is measuring normal slightly on the small side. Do u think u tore bc u had big babies?
  • I had a nasty epis. W/ #1. W/ #2 & #3 nothing and they were bigger babies. Was sore though & used h20 bottle b/c wiping was too much at times.
  • @tizpear that makes me feel better...thanks!
  • I'm sure I tore cuz of big babies, but my recovery was easier when I tore than with an episotomy!
  • Episiotomy with my 1st, minor tear no stitches with my second :)
  • With my 1st (8lbs 2oz) had 2nd degree tear and had stitches and used the water bottle for what seemed like an eternity....with my 2nd (5lbs 6oz) had a small tear with a few stitches and used the water bottle for two weeks....recovery was much easier the second time around but I'm not sure whether it has to do with having a child already or that my 2nd was much smaller than my first
  • My first was 7.4 I had some minor tears that required stitches I just had baby #2 6wks ago she was 7.5 and also needed 2 stitches for some minor tears.. I pushed both of them out in less than 10 minutes so that mightve been why I tore plus I'm small so those are big babies for me lol
  • They cut me the first time and I don't remember if I tore too but I had a couple stitches and the second time no tearing or episiotomy at all
  • @heyitsme @gsmommy @lily_glz @myheartzx3 so I should probably expect minor tearing...thanks ladies!
  • I guess u can never know lol. My daughter was 6 lbs 14 oz and I think I tore I had stitches...and with my son I didn't he was 7lbs 4 oz.
  • I had an episiotomy with my first (7# 2oz), none with my son (8#), and had a minor tear with my 3rd (7# 7oz).
  • good question I fear that I will rip before they cut me since I noticed that since the birth of my son and the being CUT part that I will tear and cause damage with my son I went at 38 weeks I am now 40 Weeks and they told me to expect her to be big ????
  • I tore really bad with my second but she was 8lbs 5oz they cut me with my first I had like 5 stitches she weighed 6lbs 10oz. But u didn't tear with my 3rd she was 6lbs 9oz
  • @myheartzx3 @txmoorekat @mommyof8 so with the minor tearing how long were u uncomfortable down there and using the water bottle with the minor tearing?
  • i had a couple stitches..they put in a couple of those dissolvable ones and it was a little uncomfortable when i peed but that squirt thing with warm water really helped soothe it.. but while just sitting down and walking i couldn't really feel it..it didn't bother me much
  • I was uncomfortable for about a week. But I also had a few dissolvable stitches. The water bottle did help. I also used dermoplast and it helped alot too.
  • @mam082711 if you're still curious about the topic...I had my daughter and didn't tear at all.
  • I had a tiny cut with 1st but my 2nd i had nothing. I haven't had my 3rd yet.
  • @redhead25 congrats! And good to know :-)