constipation. please help he is screaming

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
Ok i need help. My son hasn't popped in three days. I had started giving him cereal until he got really sick. He has RSV. However he seemed a lil constipated from the cereal but was still able to poop. Now he has RSV and I quit giving him cereal because he has a hard time breathing but now he hasn't popped in three days he is miserable. I'm stuck at home while my fiance is as work he won't be home till late tonight. What can I do to help him. He is 4 months. I tried a lil Apple juice but he refuses it. I've given him tummy time and did the bycicle legs any advice would be great he has been screaming in pain.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I checked his temperature rectaly this morning because of the RSV and he farted a little this morning..
  • Thank you so much for the advice he fell asleep so ill try when he wakes up
  • Had this problem yesterday..the doctor told me to use 1 tsp of Karo syrup in his milk..it works really fast! Or you can try prune juice
  • Well I used the syringe and 1 1/2 tsp of water and he got some out not three days worth buy hopefully more will come out later! Thank you all for the help!!
  • My 3 yr old son used to suffer so bad with this when he was a baby so got plenty of advise!
    Weaken babies bottle - example - instead of 6 water 6 scoop milk do 6 water 5 milk

Give baby cooled boiled water

Give baby cooled boiled water with a teaspoon of pure orange in

At 2 large pinches of SOFT brown sugar to babies bottle

When your changing baby sit with his legs pressed against his chest for a while

I used to water down his bottle and put the soft brown sugar in and sometimes bring his knees to his chest for a while and it used to shift it :)
    Hope this helps!