straining* but not constipated

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
My 3 week old has been straining (as if hes constipated) all day and part of yesterday. He doesnt have hard stool and it doesnt really make him cry. He Just looks uncomfortable to me. Is there any remedy or is it something i just have to let pass on its own?

Comments

• The doc told me it was just their bowels maturing...I give my lo a little bit of water in between feedings so I know she's not going to get backed up lol...she's a month old btw.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks i heard that but i was unsure! Fhnny thing is @homebirthadvocate i was massaging his stomach when i read tour post. How long does this development usually last? My lil man is starting to become fussy and i miss my sweet and calm baby :( lol
  • Omg Im sorry but this is way off topic. Your name confused me...lol Theres another female on here that goes by @lovinmyunborn its only a "g" that sets the names apart. I even had to go on your page to make sure I wasnt going crazy...lol
  • @Homebirthadvocate Do babies do this as late as 2 mos old too? Natalie's been doing tjis a lot the past 2-3 days. Sleeping alot, pooping alot and her feedings seem a little shorter in duration and frequency. Her poops also seem a bit waterier. Does this sound ok? She just had her shots on the 8th.
  • My bby grl does the same.. my pedi still didnt give an answer or have a clue..
  • Yessss that is I lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @homebirthadvocate. I don't remember my son going through this, so it kinda threw me off this time around.