scratch mitts

edited December 2011 in Babies
Are they really necessary? I keep my babys nails cut and she's never really scratched herself but my friend has mitts on her son all the time!

Comments

• I thought of using them just because my baby likes sucking on soft stuff
  • Even after I cut my daughter's nails I put the mitts on. At times when I forget, she flails her hands so much she still manages to give herself papercut like marks on her face. I take them off when we are playing with her so we can supervise. It does prevent her from sucking her thumb tho. Hehe
  • I don't use them. She just sucks on them and make her hands cold. I keep her nails trimmed, well, actually I bite them lol, its easier. Occasionally she scratches herself but I don't think its a big deal. Besides, I'd rather spend the money on warm mittens that keep her warm! But to each their own!
  • Holly is 12 weeks old and im still using scratch mitts..she has them on most of the time cos even after cutting her nails she still scratches herself lol i dont remember using them with my first for as long but this time around i wouldnt be with out them specially at night when it gets colder and yes definatly prevents thumb sucking although she does still put her hand in her mouth and suck them with mitts on!! lol
  • We just use them at night to keep her lil hands warm. We put them on when her jammies go on and come off in the morning.
  • Like above & she will scrath her face and scream herself awake without them (we try once a week to see if she is ready to go with out, not yet!) We are actually idk.g socks bc they are thicker / warmer. She and my lil sis are the only babies I know that cut themselves so badly!
  • We only use them at night to :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We used them but she kept loosing them so we just gave up. all u can do is keep their nails cut. but putting socks on their hands because theyre harder to pull off
  • Riley was scratching at his face quite a lot so I used them a lot with him, especially at first but my older son Leo didn't so I hardly ever did! I now use them more to keep Rileys hands warm at night!