croup?

I have a humidifier but is there anything i can do to help? He hasnt started any coughing but he is reallly hoarse sounding though. I feel so bad because its his first christmas. Oh btw he will be 13 wks on monday

Comments

• Bump...I know nothing about that :(
  • Have you taken the baby to the Dr.? Ask about steroids if the babys airway is infalmmed. You can also give tylenol for pain but other than the humidifier... That's about it :(
  • @medstudent1986 He goes on tues. Ive given him tylonol too. How long will this last for
  • My little girl who is 2 months tomorrow has croup too. She has had it for a week now. The doc said it could take 2 weeks or more for it to completely go away. Good luck!
  • @kritten_octoberbby If you give her anything, it should be motrin/ibuprofen because it's an anti inflammatory drug. It will help with the swelling of her airway. Leave the cool mist humidifier going in het room. If she starts drooling and havingtrouble swallowing/eating, take her to the ER. They can give her decadron and racemic epinepherine to support her breathing while the virus runs its course. Good luck.
  • Lovely..this is day three and no coughing. He was drooling before this and is doing it now..he is eating fine and he actually want more i guess it soothes his throat.. im still going to bring him tuesday though.. i want him check on with this and its his three month visit