projectile vomiting

edited December 2011 in Babies
Hello!

So last night Mavis spent the night with her aunt and uncle because I had to work late and then again early this morning.

I knew I wasn't going to have enough breastmilk stored up so I sent her along with formula just in case. Apparently she puked up the formula. Then she puked up some breastmilk today and then when I got her home and fed her she projectile vomited all over me.

This is the first time this has happened so its weird for me!

Anyone else experience this?

Ps welcome to all the new members and welcome back to the old members!!!

Comments

• My son was doing that but my doctor told me to wait and see if he does it again and he was doing it more often so I took him in and they did a ultrasound on his belly but it came out fine and was also diagnosed with acid reflux . If she keeps doing it i would let her doctor know so they can make sure she's ok
  • My daughter did that, (exclusively bf tho) and had pyloricstentosis.. It's when the top of the stomach muscle randomly closes shut forcing the food back up at a fast rate. A ultrasound is Usually used to see if that's what it is. It can be horrible and scary and my daughter litterally would go limp cause it would be so much and so forceful. Hopefully that's not your case and it's just upset belly from the formula! Good luck mama!
  • It was only those couple of times, not she has a tummy ache from christmas dinner.
  • It could've been something you ate didn't settle correctly with her since you bf. If it happens anymore, just take her in and get her checked out in case momma! :)
  • edited December 2011
    My 6 month old started projectile vomiting at 3 weeks when I started him on Similac. He cried out in pain a lot so I took him to the ER when it kept happening, about twice a week. It just really freaked me out, but they said as hes gaining hes fine. I switched doctors and he was diagnosed with acid reflux. Put him on medicine and havent had a problem since
  • I also switched to gerber good start. Its closest to breast milk, and, they have AWESOME coupons
  • It was the only time she had the formula, I just didn't have enough pumped because I cant get a freezer suplly going...I'm hoping she wont need anymore...and this was good start.
  • I would talk to yout pediatrician about reflux. Like I said, reflux medicine fixed it for mine.
  • I will for sure, I'm hoping it was that she just hates formula
  • My son is doing it too..he has reflux and Dr told me it peeks at 4-6months and while teething! He's on zantac too