need help

edited December 2011 in Pregnant
So I get my nails did. And I can't stand taking care of my baby when I get them did. I get 5inches put on all pretty, and she messes them up! I love my baby...but damn! And I can hardly change her diaper the first day I get them did, so I only change her when I absolutely need to...is that bad? Ftm here.

Comments

• Yeah that's bad.. she can get chafed or a diaper rash when sitting in pee too long and that can make her fussy. why get them soo long? I really wanted to get my nails done but I want to wait until my baby is older kuz I don't wana scratch her or anything..
  • Yes, skin breakdown from urine and feces is not good for your child. Have someone watch the baby the day you get your nails done or pass on the mannicure for now.
  • Ohkay. Just wondering. Cause she does get some rashes sometimes. I better stop doin tht to her! I get them long cause I like them like that. No other reason. Always had them like that. I do scratch her sumtimes but she got tough skin.
  • seriously...did u just create an acct on here to come and act ignorant...
  • Omg. I'm with @jazzi89 on this.

Pregly is getting out of hand with all these immature people creating fake accounts & starting drama. I actually opened this hoping to help you out but was disappointed. It's COMMON SENSE. DON'T DO YOUR NAILS YOUR CHILD IS MORE IMPORTANT.
  • ya im really sick of ignorant immature ppl...
  • What does your child has 'tough skin' mean? Does it hurt her? Is it breaking the skin?
    And if you're worried about changing your babies diaper..then don't get your nails done..? Kind of simple. Sorry if this sounds rude, but I just don't see how your childs health and saftey would come second to your looks.
  • Wow..I just had a question cause I'm a ftm and wasn't sure if it was bad. And I haven't aksed the doc yet. Thanks for everyone dat answered nice.

And momofanangel no it don't hurt her. It leaves a white mark when it scratch her. But when I put lotion it goes away. Like she jus get ashy skin or somethin.
  • Nails < Baby
  • really...u werent sure if it was bad to get mad at a baby for wrecking fake nails...and u werent sure if it was bad to let a baby sit in its own pee for a full day...give me a break
  • I don't mean like I get real mad, jus frustrated. And no I didn't. Know..sorry.
    I'm 15. An my mom kicked me out so she no help. So sorry if I seem ignorant. I jus wanted help.
    Ill jus stop aksing 'dumb' things.
  • ya im going to leave this alone. hope you find whatever "help" u need...
    adios
  • Im sure you mean well and im hoping this isnt mud... Change baby often, its not comfortable or nice on their skin to be sitting in a dirty nappy. Your child is only young once, maybe adjust your manicure to a more manageable length or stop for now
  • Thank you. I just had a question that all.
    And ohkay. I think I might jus stop gettin them done anyway. Money is gettin low an she needs diapers.
  • Think of it this way. Would you like to be sitting for hours in pee & shit? I think not. But good for you hopefully you wait until she's older for your nails.
  • Your baby should come before NAILS!!!JMOP!
  • True.. @txmommy93011 I never thout of it that way. Thank you.
  • Uuuuuuuuuummmmmmm.......