Has anyone went through their whole pregnancy without knowing the sex?

edited December 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 24 weeks, and everytime I go to find out the little turd doesn't cooperate. I'm beginning to think we'll never find out, and I'm scared to be so unprepared, cause I'm a huge planner when it comes to my kids. I just wanna be able to buy stuff for the baby, and I really can't buy much. :-/

Comments

• I did! By choice it was a lot of fun :)
    I wasn't unprepared yes all of the newborn clothing were netural but that was fine, family sent money to go towards buying clothes for the baby once born or waited.
    Nursury was netural but that's great for the next baby (everything is so expensive might as well make it so you can reuse it)
    Plus, since people really couldn't get me clothes they were forced to get me things I needed like diapers, and items like that lol
  • I did and was sure I would have a boy but I'm holding my baby girl
  • I was almost thrity weeks with my son until I found out!! He just didn't want to move his legs.. It sucked because I already had three girls so we were praying for a boy, and then he didn't want to show us anything!! Although the tech did say she THOUGHT she saw boy parts!! But we wanted to know for sure! :) Good luck
  • @littlefae this is my last baby, and might possibly be our boy (after 5 girls), and I'll most definetly want to buy boy stuff cause I never had the chance to. Idk...I just wanna know and it's driving me crazy lol. I have stuff like diapers, wipes, crib, changing table, bath stuff and little stuff. I don't have any clothes(besides one outfit), socks, shoes, onezies, blankets, ect... I would hate to have to buy everything after baby is here.
  • @starlilly that gives me hope!!! We saw boy parts too, but not a good enough look to really determine. I just hope we find out before birth *crosses fingers*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew at this point I don't care lol I just want to know so bad haha, but thank you...I would love for it to be my boy! :-)
  • wow five girls you have your hands full!! My girls are a handful! I hope you get a lil boy! My girls were happy to have a lil brother!
  • Thank you! All my girls are telling me it's a brother lol my third, Adriana who's 5 said "Mom, I want a sister, but this baby is a brother" lol she had her serious face on too, it was cute. My three year old, Marlana said from jump that it's HER little brother...I tried to tell them it could be a girl...they're all stubborn though lol. I'm so glad you got a boy @starlilly how old are your kids?
  • I never wanted to find out with either of my babes. My instincts told me I was having a boy with my first, and a girl with my 2nd, and they were right. I only found out with my son because everyone wanted to throw me a baby shower (which never happened :( ) and with my daughter, I had so many issues and wanted to know so I could know just in case. But, she's fine and dandy now!! :)

I have a friend who is 36 weeks pregnant and isn't finding out, this is her third and she has one of each already. I think it would be fun...hard, but exciting!!
  • My girls are 12,7 & 4 and my boy is 7 weeks!! My girls all said the same thing, they just knew it was going to be a boy! What's fuuny is that when we were trying I looked on the internet to see what I could do to inhance (sp) my chances of having a boy and actually did them and made my husband do it too!! My friends made fun of me for longest until we found out it was boy!! Now they're asking me what I did.. lol :) how old are you girls?
  • @lilsugarsmomma my best friend is throwing me a shower in February omg :'-( I forgot!!! Would it be okay to have the shower after baby is here if we don't find out in time?! Ah hells bells...lol this little monster is gonna get it!! Haha ...@starlilly we were going to do the same thing, but we ended up getting pregnant before we planned lol our girls are 11(in Feb), 9, 5, 4(my step) and 3. Maybe my girls have more intuition on this pregnancy then I do? Lol who knows
  • I didn't find out with either of mine....its just a great surprise!!!
  • it was just fun to try, I would ahve been happy with a girl too!! As long as the baby is healthy! I really hope you get a boy! Maybe you can look up places in your area that will do gender ultrasounds for cheap!
  • and if you don't find out what you're having until after the baby is born you can have a welcome the baby party instead of a baby shower..
  • @garagebandfan and @2ndbutfirst you ladies have so much more patience. I wished I could just stay calm about it, but I find myself getting way too anxious lol. @starlilly my doc has done them the last two apps and will keep doing them until we find out, he's not charging me for them, cause he wants to know as much as we do lol...it's the baby that's being difficult and he/she moves so much omgosh...just when we get the right angle, the baby moves to another position lol
  • yeah trust me I understand!
  • I did an it was awesome way more exciting then finding out
  • I hope my baby cooperates.I'm a planning freak! And I hate nuetral stuff so it's 3 more weeks til my u/s!
  • We did with both our boys. Its the natural way, i don't believe you're supposed to find out before the birth.
  • @babyluv8 that's how I am too...its so frustrating. I don't like not having patience. It makes me feel like a crazy lady lol. I just want everything ready and as prepared and perfect as possible...as possible of course lol
  • We didnt find out with our 3rd by choice...it was pretty cool :)
  • I did! But it was by choice also! And will be doing it again if I have anymore ;;)
  • Ahhh I just don't have patience lol you ladies are so much more patient then I am!
  • I have one of each so we plan on not finding out next time.
  • Kairi wasn't cooperating the first time we went in, she had her legs closed!!!! and after 10 minutes of waiting i was just like screw it. i'll wait lol. but then a couple days later i went to the er for really bad indigestion (ftm so i freaked) lol and she was bouncing all over the place and her legs were spread wide. went on a shopping spree after that ehehe then she was asleep at her next one
  • I think I would be semi okay with not finding out if I had both. I'm just too anxious to know I think
  • I didn't with my first not by choice.... He just never cooperated. All we bought was a bassinet and a pack of blue onesies and the necessities of course
  • @2ndbutfirst lol I know...I would be doing that anyway...I'm just anxious to know. I can't wait until I finally do get to go shopping!! :-)
  • I'm not patient at all but if u set ur mind to it u can do it an it also really helps of u already have a boy an a gurl .