Grammar Police!

Comments

• You know what I love? Paragraphs. Paragraphs are awesome...if you dont use them, I get lost.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The one that drives me INSANE is when people confuse "lost" for "loss" as in "I'm sorry for your lost" instead of "I'm sorry for your LOSS" ...thank u for giving me the chance to finally get it off my chest!! :)
  • The one that drives me INSANE is when people confuse "lost" for "loss" as in "I'm sorry for your lost" instead of "I'm sorry for your LOSS" ...thank u for giving me the chance to finally get it off my chest!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed. Improper use of there, their, and they're irks me the most. As does loss vs lost as @excitedforoctober stated. I really don't get that one.
  • I hate wld and cld... Why is it so hard to add the vowels?? I think text language is taking over and going too far, drives me bonkers lol
  • LOL I have noticed all of these and totally agree with you guys! Not saying by any means that I'm perfect! I do have lots of brain farts though! Haha My husband went to some technical school in Las Vegas.
  • @smcox, Cool beans. I went to Moapa Valley hs, 45 mins away from vegas, but if I hadnt wimped out, I would have gone to Las Vegas Acadamy.
  • Lol the "h" said "I'm about to make Morgaine my bitch." Lmao.
  • What is the Las Vegas Academy? Just a better private school?
  • Its another magnet school, just for the performing arts. I played viola in high school.
  • Oh, that's cool! I think if I had the opportunity, that would be awesome. :-)
  • Im still sad I passed up the opportunity.
  • I skip the threads that start off with the op using q instead of g. Drives me nuts. I, too, am a grammar & spelling freak, although I'm not perfect. Texting has made people forget basic rules. @tinka1326 that drives me bonkers as well. It's not hard to add in the vowels damn it! Lol @excitedforoctober omg I completely agree. Also "loose" for "lose" ugh.
  • I'm a grammar freak too! The yours/you're , their/they're/there, two/too/to, and when people say congradulations instead of congraTulations. It's a T! The q as a g is super annoying too. Oh, I absolutely hate "da"!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Using am instead of I'm is another one.
  • I agree with all these!
    I also hate when people use "fone." I don't get it, and I can't tell if that's text grammer or if the person really doesn't know how to spell phone! I'm going with the latter of the two...
  • "could of"
    It's could HAVE! Could HAVE! ...thank you. :)
  • I never say anything to the person who posted but I can't stand posts that are filled with horrible grammar and bad spelling. It drives me crazy and I can't even bring myself to comment on them lol.
  • Am instead of I'm ... my BF is a culprit
  • When people leave the R out of suRprise. Or definately, instead of the correct spelling definitely. Those really bother me.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with all of these! Also people who don't use punctuation drive me INSANE! And I am not talking about a missed comma. I mean the people who don't use a SINGLE freaking period in their whole post until the very end!
This discussion has been closed.