has anyone heard of the rsv virus???

edited December 2011 in Babies
Anyone??

Comments

• Sorry i mean a shot for the rsv virus...
  • Yep nephew an cuzn had it
  • O I jus heard bout the shot on here I didn't no bout it either
  • I knew nothing about it either until I learned on here. It's super expensive. My daughter has RSV right now. Dr mentioned nothing about a shot.
  • A shot to prevent it? My youngest brother got rsv when he was just a few days old and he almost died from it, i guess that was 20 yrs ago. Its very scary when little ones get it.
  • It is a shot to build anti body's to when they catch rsv it isn't that bad...my twins r getting them they give shots from nov- April they usually give to high risk baby's whom are at high risk for rsv...mine where preemies....they are very expensive...ours is 3000 a shot
  • It does not prevent.... it just adds antibodys so rsv isn't that bad...because rsv can kill babys
  • Rsv is a common cold in adults...well in baby's it goes into there lungs
  • THANKS LADIES I WAS TRYING TO TELL A "FRIEND" THAT THEY HAVE A SHOT FOR IT AND SHE GOES OFF ON ME AND WAS LIKE ITS A COLD YOU CANT GET A SHOT FOR A COLD. THEN SHE GOES YOUR KID WILL GET SICK ONE DAY TOO.
    I also believe her kid got sick because she keeps him in a bubble and wont let other kids around him but then took him shopping at the busiest mall in florida the day after christmas and the 27th he was sick. Well shes dumber than a box of rocks. end of story.
  • i meant what it th virus? what does it do?
  • @babyluv11 ooo ok ok ok i get it. thanks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My youngest was 26wks premature and he was given the RSV vaccine in a series of 6 or 8 (can't remember) shots. That was almost 5 years ago. It is VERY serious in babies. My husband has a cousin that was put on a treach(sp) after RSV.