mc at 8weeks help

edited December 2011 in Pregnant
Please help I was having some spotting I posted about it previously however it was very light and drops not alot. (I had it with my first sob so I thought it was normal) I had stopped spotting but started again esterday I think the sex caused it. But I started cramping and I was walking around shopping at walmart when I felt wet I had a feeling I was bleeding so I went to the rr fast and what I fear was happening I was bleeding a lot I immediately went to the er. After an hour and a half of waiting and conplainig that I was pgnt and bleeding finally I got a room. I don't think they took me serious at all since I wasn't that far along :/ well they did lots of blood test and doc came in asked about my complications (I've had preeclampsia with all three of my pgncies (1st one mc at 28wks) ) so after long waiting she check me, pressed on my abdomen (where it hurt btw) and she came to the conclusion I had mc and there wad nothing they could do :/ she didn't even give me an u/s ?? Why would she come to that conclusion ??? She also said that my hormone level was low and that the baby was lost already and I was going to bleed for a while and then after this my cycle should get back to normal :/ gave me some hydrocodone and I wad out of the door :'( can anyone please tell me why she came to that conclusion without an u/s please help I haven't been able to eat sleep gosh I can't even think I don't want to give up just yet I know it seems like I'm in denial but I'm not I just want to know that I did everything possible and that I did not just bleed the baby out. Even though she said the baby is lost I want answers...

Comments

• I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this :( be strong. I wish I had answers .... Bump
  • I wuld def go to ur ob for a 2nd opinion I'd want a ultrasound .
  • I dont have an ob my Medicaid didn't come in till the end of June but I plan to pay at planned parenthood for an ultrasound
  • Have you called your ob? Maybe they can do more tests and do an us.
  • Are you still bleeding? Have uoi passed any clots?
  • I am so sry. I had 2 mc myself. You should def call your ob. They will be able to answer your questions, and be a lot more helpful.
  • Thats wrong that she wouldnt give u an ultrasound. what if something else was wrong? Even when i had a blighted ovum and was mc-ing they gave me an ultrasound to make sure there was nothing that could cause problems
  • @ripkaydence I was bleeding yesterday a lot woke up today and nothing just spotting then started passing nickel size clots
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo totally agree. I wouldn't be able to sleep without hearing a second opinion
  • Usually if your hormone levels don't show a rise a doctor would say you were miscarrying. That was what happened with each of my two miscarriages. I had spotting, then enough blood to darken toilet paper when I wiped but nothing more than that. We checked my levels twice to get a comparison. However, my doctor insisted on an u/s to be sure. It about killed me emotionally but it was better than getting my hopes up for a misdiagnosis. I think she should have done an u/s! At 8 weeks, I doubt feeling your abdomen would be sufficient. I would call your doctor and explain your fears and ask for an ultrasound.
  • @kayleigh27 I didn't understand that eitheir when I had pain they gave me an u/s just for the f of it and found an ovarian cysts :/ I was like that is it?? No u/s no nothing....I hate that hospital they don't take you seriously if u aren't that far along
  • @Noahsmommy me either ! Evn if I had go to a diff hospital.
  • @noahsmommy I have an appt tomorrow at planned parenthood for the same reason I'm not convinced
  • Thats stupid. i would report them. not sure what good that would do but i would. im sorry for your loss
  • That's great ! Hope u get sum answer hope she is wrong an everythang is fine I no tonite for u will prolly be so long an stressful :( good luck to u
  • @0utlaw_Sphinx I know! I got my levels checked with my son Jake three times one at 4/5 weeks then 6 and then 7and got a vaginal ultrasound first (no heartbeat but baby sac baby wasn't in the sac yet. Then the other one u/s then finally at 7weeks another u/s with a heartbeat
  • Thank you guys
  • Praying for you to get the answers you need tomorrow. Try and get some rest.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Let us know what happens :(
  • That ridiculous that she didn't even give an u/s!
  • I mc at 6 weeks and I never got an US, and it sounds just like yours. I was passing clots too, but not big ones. I actually passed my placenta though, looked like a raisin. I was in denial for about a week, it was terrible. I'm sorry for your loss. :((
  • You should definitely get an ultrasound. You need some sort of confirmation. I have had 3 mc. :( so I understand the feeling. If your hcg levels are lowering you are most likely mc. BUT if your levels are still rising there is something called subchorionic hematoma where you can pass blood clotts. I would google it! You never know. Good luck girl! Anddd idk what state you live in but if your waiting on medical you tell them what's going on and they will pay for your er visit. Praying for you!
  • That's seriously some major medical malpractice!!! I'm so sorry hun! I hope you get some answers. I'd be calling and complaining seriously. That's really some bull crap if you ask me! I'm glad you have an appt. Some where else. If they send you out a survey questionnaire about your visit I'd let into them on it and give your name and phone number!!! I did that before! Good luck hun!
  • Did they draw blood? She may have just been basing it off your hormone levels not being high enough for 8 weeks gestation. I'm sorry. : (
  • I would get an u/s... and I agree, it's malpractice. You can't make a conclusion without hard evidence to prove it...they can't tell every womam with vaginal bleeding they're mcing...some women have bleeding during pregnancy like a period. Stupid er dr!!!
  • How is it malpractice? The doctor did an exam and drew blood, sounds like she did a work up to rule out anything else. I think, if anything, an ultrasound would've been performed if she felt the pregnancy was still viable and there was another reason for the bleeding. An ultrasound is not a requirement to rule out a miscarriage, and there isn't anything that can be done at 8 weeks unfortunately.

I'm not meaning to sound insensitive or rude, so please don't take any of what I've said that way. I'm genuinely curious as to why it would fall under malpractice regulations. :(

• The user and all related content has been deleted.