Do you bathe your baby every night?

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
I myself dont bath my baby every night because she has a slight case of eczema and I dont want it to flare up. I wash her up every night but only bath her every 2 days. I do notice she falls right to sleep after her baths tho..

What do you do?

Comments

• I use wipes to clean in him between. But I give him a bath every other day or every 2 days as well. I don't want his skin to dry out but he also goes straight to sleep after a bath and he LOVES baths so I'm considering starting a routine with baths every night. Idk yet though.
  • I bathe my lo every night as part of our routine. It calms her and helps her sleep a lot better. if she had the same skin issues my son and hubby have I wouldn't do it nearly as often.
  • I give My lo a bath every night it clam her And normally falls asleep with in 30 mins and its our routine, wake up at at 7 nap at 9 nap again at 2 then again at 5 then bath at 7 then bed by 730 its what she's use to she set this schedule so I Just followed It :)
  • we bathe Maddox every other night with a wash cloth wipe down in between. We have considered going to every night because he sleeps so good on bath nights.
  • For the first 6 weeks my son had "sponge baths" every night where they just lightly rubbed him clean. Our peditrician recommended to us only bathing them every 3 to 4 days because bathing to often dries out newborns skin. I don't know how much to bathe him in later months though! This is just the plan until later lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • II bathe my son every night. His skin is super smooth, no problems with dry skin at all.
  • Every other night
  • We do morning baths at our house, but she gets a bath every morning!
  • I bathe both my kids every night. They're skin is soft, I've had no problems. I use the Aveeno eczema stuff cuz she has slight eczema and it really helps.
  • @Laura536 why do u do morning baths?
  • I mostly do every other night but lately every night
  • It just depends but if not everynight..then every other.
  • I heard your not suppose to bathe them every night because they need the ould in their skin & they lose that being bathed to often.
  • I bathe my 2yo every night n my 7mo every other night
  • No its been cold I wipe him down and lotion him in between bathing
  • I was told not to bathe my lo more than every 4 days. I wipe her down everyday but it seems to work out well for us. She's 7 weeks now.
  • I bathe Nyla about 5 Or 6 times a week but i want to start giving her baths everyday but when shes home i was her booty with every diaper change instead of using wipes.
  • I give Lila a bath every night bc it really helps her calm down to sleep... but only use soap every other time.
  • I give mine a bath every other day.unless she has an accident or was playing outside i think too much baths and her skin will dry out.
  • Every other night. Sometimes Ashton every two days. He doesn't get too dirty drinking bubbas and sleeping! lol
  • Everynight as part of bedtime routine. On nights I skip it he wont settle.
  • Every night. But I do not wash her hair with soap every night. Just water.
  • Nope, every other night and if we haven't gone out then every two night. Between then I will use a warm wash cloth to clean him up a bit.
    Unless of course he explodes his diaper or had a bad day of spitting up. But those are few and far between.
  • I bathe my little one once a day either in the morning or at night. He spits up alot during the day and has very greasy hair.
  • I do every other day she loves bath time and it actually gets her going so I don't do it at night time I don't think it will help her sleep better I wish it did then I would make it a night routine :)
  • I don't bath my daughter every night every 2-3 nights I will but she does get washed up every day.....their skin is just so sensitive
  • I bathe my lo every night its part of my routine with him. Without his bath he wont sleep during the night. There's no problems with his skin but than again every baby is different.
  • @squirt299 I feel super gross after I sleep so I've always showered in the morning. Dinner and bedtime are always hectic, I can never manage to squeeze baths in there too lol!
  • I do both kids every other night bc their skin gets ashy...my son sometimes every day bc he gets messy and has to shower. My daughter is such a clean freak she bathes every other day. As kids we only did every other day until we got a little older.