can one of u preglys say something to make me feel better!?

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
why do teen mothers/fathers get bashed on soo bad!? especially the dads who work 60hrs a week putting food on the table & the mommys who are FULLTIME. This is my situation & im getting really sick & tired of people talking shit because my bd & i became parents at 18 yrs of age! i wouldnt have it any other way! im just another mommy who is headover heals in love w thier baby. Who turned 5 months today...so sick of getting shit.

Comments

• becoming pregnant at 17 has been thrown in my face multiple times by different people & it tears me up everytime..
  • As long as you are taking care of your self and your baby and not expecting anyone else to then screw what other people say. It's not about what age you have your baby it's about the maturity level and level of responsiblity and whether or not you step up to it and if you are then that's all that matters
  • I was 18 years old when I had my first child 19 years ago. You're gonna have to just let them talk and give if time so they can actually see you guys are mature and responsible. Some people are gonna talk shit regardless.

Keep doing you!
  • Y do u even care wat they got to say. I wouldn't even pay no mind.
  • Just think that there are older women out there starving and beating there kids and not taking care of them. It doesn't matter the age as long as u love and care for your child. Be proud to be a mom! Its hard no matter how old u are. :)
  • edited January 2012
    i agree, i got pregnant with my first son at the age of 18. And i know what you mean a lot people dont think young parents will prosper. but look i am 22 now and my husband and I have 3 kids under the age of 2, work and im going through nursing school. I think have everyone should mind their own business about young parents. and the only opinion that matters is your own.
    CONGRATS on ur baby and good luck
  • Girl i got pregnant at 16. Had my son at 17. Now im 21 with a 4yr old, 3month old, and i have my 6yr old niece. We are the stronger ones because we have to work harder. I was in school after i had my son. Got straight A's my junior year. Age does not determine how good of a parent someone is. Yeah there are some bimbos that get knocked up and don't know shit but that doesn't mean we are. Becoming a teen parent just means you got to meet and love your lo sooner. You'll get to love them longer. Cheer up and say fuck off to all the haters out there.
  • we have been on our own pay all of our bills..car..rent..phone etc..never once have we ran out of anything for our daughter or asked for help from anybody..shes 5 months & weve only gota sitter once to go to the movies...we dont drink, smoke or party. Were all about our daughter...id say we are responsible
  • @roxy i really dont know why i care, thats one thing you can bring up to me & i will flip. It just really bothers me : (
  • I was 16 with my oldest. I have to say some teen moms are better than older ones. 18 isn't that young. Back in the day of the Bible women were younger than 18! So ignore dumb people. You know You guys are great parents and if they want to judge then they probably suck
  • Pfft. I was 17 when I got pregnant with my first. I guess it all comes down to who you let talk to you that way. I'm bullheaded and would never let someone put me down. But I will say that I know some pretty retarded teen moms.
  • Sounds like youre doing an awesome job! Keep up the great job that youre doing and everyone else can just screw off. Youre doing a better job than some 30yr olds. Dont let others get u down... Some people live for putting others down... Just gotta ignore em and live ur life to the fullest. So keep ur head up high and keep loving ur sweet little one because thats all that really matters in life.
  • thats what i was lookin for! thank u @mommyof3girls
  • edited January 2012
    I know how you feel!! My dad's parents and brother absolutely dont approve (we are 19), but it makes me so angry that they can never accept that I love and planned for this baby. They also dont accept my husband eventhough he is in the military to support and fight for us. He works so hard and has such a huge heart. Sometimes I wish people would give us all a break because not every teen that gets pregnant doesnt take care of their babies and is irresponsible. My step-dad also always has to ask why i want a baby or if I really want a baby everytime i go visit him. Definitly makes it harder to see him, but I hope when she comes hell finally be quiet and just love being a grandpa. Just remember these people's opinions dont really matter because your life is about you, your hubby/bf/bd and your baby/babies.
  • @newmommyFeb2012 i know i just felt like ive heard this too many times & it makes me feel like shit. I feel like it doesnt matter how hard me & my bd to its just not enough & that we are pathedic losers cause we started a family so young........ugh
  • @newmommyFeb2012 i know i just felt like ive heard this too many times & it makes me feel like shit. I feel like it doesnt matter how hard me & my bd to its just not enough & that we are pathedic losers cause we started a family so young........ugh
  • 16 or 30, who gives a crap whats the 'right' age to have a baby! As long as that baby is loved and cared for then age dont mean squat. You are doing a great job and ignore ignorant people, I mean there are people out there locked up for child abuse but oh if they had their kids after 25 lets let them all out because they had their children at a respectable age! Rant over lol just keep your head high and if they carry on throat punch them lol :)
  • Our babies have the same bday!! But girl ur gonna have haters and ur always gonna have ppl talking shit but as long as ur doing good and u guys are taking care of ur baby And owning up to ur responsibility then screw what they think! There are plenty of ppl out there that r older that can't raise their kids.... I dunno y society can't get over the fact that its 2012 and 18 yr olds are having kids. Don't let it get to u!! Stay strong for ur lo and don't worry bout the trash talk!
  • I had my first at 21 and Im 25 now. (Not exactly a teen mom, but still young.) Having kids requires you to grow up fast and it made me feel alot older than I was. I like to tell everyone to stay young while you can. I have nothing against mature teen moms, but I feel bad that they have to grow up so soon.
  • Girl I was 15! When I had my son...of your children are takin care of and your being responsible there's nothing to worry about just do you!