your experiences please pregly ladies poss tmi

So, af started on Dec 19th which was 3 days late. 2 out of 3 my period tracker apps (yes, I'm trying everything) say ovulation should have been between 1-3 Jan. I've been testing (for ovulation) since Dec 29 which was what the other app said and still nothing, all tests negative.

What the hell is going on?!

We're very actively ttc (can't remember the last time we had so much sex) we're using preseed and after sex I'm elevating my butt for at least half an hour to give things a helping hand.

Could anything we're doing be forcing the test to be negative all the time? I'm enjoying the sex, don't get me wrong but we're doing it twice a day and its starting to get a bit regimented..

Please Help Ladies xxx

Comments

• I never did a test, only used a phone ap and it worked for me but maybe worth checking with a doc if the tests are meant to be accurate? Doesn't sound like you doing anything wrong tho good luck x
  • OMG you sound just like me. Using three apps. I used to use woman log, my days, and some other one now i just use ovuview is by far the best because you can track you cm, cervix height, bbt, ovulation test results, weight..... pretty much everything you could possibly use. And you can email it to yourself do you could print it and take it to the Dr. Anyways lol. This is my first month using preseed. And a wedge pillow to use during/after sex. I can test on 1/16. Good luck it sounds like your doing all the right stuff. Been ttc for 7 months. Every month I just add something new to the list of my ttc methods.
  • Also you may want to drop down to only once a day. Having sex too often could mean lowered sperm count. A lot of people say everyother day but my Dr recommended every day. Either am or pm. Not switching between the two because am one day and pm the next you could miss the ov timing.
  • Maybe ur already preg so that's y u haven't had a positive ovulation test... I'd take a pregnancy test and see if that one is positive! Goooooood luck!!! ;)
  • @three_cats_n_a_baby, my doctor recommended the tests so we could accurately monitor my cycle.

@wantingababy I'm using my days, ovuview and period tracker. we're doing it at roughly the same times. This in only month 1 for us this time, I caught quickly with both my boys but after Benji's death I'd say I'm desperate for a baby.

@Mommyof3JAC I may be wrong but dont I need to ovulate to get pregnant? :s
  • Im so sorry for your loss. Ovuview says the ov test strips have a low accuracy rate. Not sure if that'd true or not but maybe you did ovulate but the strips didn't catch it. Also says the best time to do the test is between 2-8 pm.

I'll send you some baby dust but not too much because I want it lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2012
    My cycles are not normal its anywhere from 27 to 31 days...I also start having sex day 8 in to my cycle until day 16 in my cycle and only once a day I have sex ..it works me I'm pregnant with my 3rd..goodluck
  • I just figured maybe u have previously ovulated and gotten preg and that's y u haven't had a positive ovulation test. I'm a surgical tech LOL I know about anatomy and the functions of ur body. Sorry if it seemed stupid.
  • OK I had to Re read ur OP. What I'm getting at is u said af was 3 days late... did u take a hpt on day 1 of being late? Was that menstrual cycle normal?
  • edited January 2012
    Are you taking the tests same time every day? What is a normal cycle for you? I tracked my period for a year on my days app. I conceived on sept 13 and my app told me I should have ovulated the week before. So it was bs. Also that might be too much sex. Hubby & I just baby danced every other day. It worked for us... We had sex sept 12 (hubby didn't even cum) & before that sept 10. So either it was sperm from 3-4 days earlier or precum that reached my egg. Good luck. Oh and my cycles are around 38... I did ovp but never got a + I think I always took them to early in my cycle so I just have up and kept with bd every other day. Also the month I got preg, I did not elevate my hips however I did stay laying down for awhile. Make sure you orgasm too.... The muscles pull the sperm back. I had my bullet every time.
  • You don't ovulate every month. Try to relax. I took a dollar tree test and it worked. I don't ovulate like normal women. It's always 8-5 days before my af. Relaxing helps your body so just take it easy and let it happen. You may be one that ovulates every couple of months. Best if luck to you. Sending you baby dust:)
  • I have been ttc for over two years. We are still waiting for our first. I have used ovulation strips for the past few months, I got positives in November, but the ones I just used were barely showing but it was there I was very upset but we still had sex everyday so I'm hoping and praying this is our month! Prayers to you hun good luck!
  • I'm going to wait until af shows Or doesn't. I'm not gona do any good stressing myself out. Thank you all for your input @everyone xx
  • edited January 2012
    I know this is counter intuitive, but don't have so much sex. It took 4 years for me to get pregnant and several doctors told us to avoid having sex daily. They recommended every other day so you would recieve better quality sperm.

I ovulate a week to 2 weeks later than most. So maybe you are just doing that. Good luck!