Depo shot question

My dr told me nothing about it, i bled for almost a month after getting it and then hubby and i had sex without protection cause i figured i'd be covered. Does it work that quickly? Before my next appt for the shot i'm gonna take a test just in case.

Comments

• It takes 2 wks to work
  • O good, everyone getting pregnant on here was freaking me out lol thank you @mrz_jackson2anpreggo
  • @Kimberly4411 I no rite !! I've been on it twice it works realy good I jus went last week an I chose the shot again an she sed I need to use condoms for 2 wks .
  • @Kimberly4411-pssssssssssh! I bled for a mnth & 2wks before stopped! :( darn that shot from hell. Lol. Im due for my second shot this mnth....wonder if I shoukd get it? Hmmmm...dont want to bleed again!!! :S
  • You shud b fine n don't waste your money on a test bc they test u before giving u another shot just in case
  • @dra765 they didnt test me before i had it the first time
    @xkooxreex what!? You bleed everytime you get it?? I missed that, i just learned that it makes you gain weight, thats just what i need, for my pooch to fill up with fat lol
    @mrz_jackson2anpreggo is it gonna suck when i get off off of it?
  • My bleeding stoppd I never bled till I quit taking it the only bad thing bout getn off it is usually takes awhile to get pregnant.
  • @Kimberly4411-i dunno. Lol. This mnth will b my 2nd dose! But I bled for a loooooong time!....weight gain is one of the side affects but i dont feel it cuz im always nauseated (also one of d side affects I may add) *huff* this shot has me feeling all wacky! :-S
  • Ooo that's odd I always did get one
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was on my depo for like 2 years I stopped it last October got pregnant in December.
  • Wow when I was on it they told me to give it a week or so and it should work. I never bled for a year and when I got off it took me almost 2 years to conceive. Everybody is different but try not to stay on it for too long
  • @everyone i guess i should have researched it :/ i just read all this bad stuff, all i know is that my mom has been on it for 10 years
  • I Got Depo At My 6 Week Check Up & I've Been Bleeding Everysince Which Is Going On 4 Months Wednesday
  • @mommyy2be holey moley!! Hubby and i decides i'm gonna get one more shot and then be done with them, i have so many pimples and i'm irratable
  • I was on it 2 years ago...the shot takes effect as soon as u get it but I have heard of some women getting prego while on the shot
  • I got the shot two weeks after giving birth n am still bleeding on n off. N I gain 9 pounds n this is my 4 week not a happy camper about the weight gain. I regret it now BC am not even having sex grr