Punctuation Please

Does anybody else hate when posts ramble? Like when there is no periods or commas? When its supposed to be a paragraph, and instead, its a long sentence you can't comprehend unless you read it a million times?

PUNCTUATION PLEASE LADIES

Comments

• Let's eat grandma!
    Let's eat, grandma!

PUNCTUATION SAVES LIVES!!
  • Maybe that's how they just talk. Diarrhea in the mouth. LOL

I, myself over do the punctuations... Periods all over the place.... Over dose of periods...

See... that's how I camouflage a lack of grammar skills. LOL.

Sorry, English was after lunch... Too full and too tired to care. RMAO!
  • I'm with you @ynvtish...I love using periods...lol
  • And exclamation marks!!!!! I love those!!!! :-)
  • edited January 2012
    I am one of those people. I always just make long post and can never spell anything right since english is my second language because I was adopted from Russia and was on an orphanage my whole life. I am really sensitive about my writing and spelling. That actually was big reason I didnt make any posts for long time when I was first on here. But then I thought well everyone seems nice and I'm sure they won't judge.( Then this happens. )Not trying to be rude at all and I want to say I'm sorry now if it sounds that way, I am just trying to explain my side. The fact that not everyone has been as lucky their entire life. Therefore, maybe next time we shouldnt br so quick to judge bc I sure feel that way. Especially since it says you "hate" those posts.. There are many post I don't agree with so I just don't comment on them and this is my first time in a year being a part of anything I don't like , but I am just trying to inform people that if they can't understand my post or comment I am sorry I promise I'm trying my best.
  • A-f'n-men!

This bothers me so much! :-W
  • @juliansmommy ... The funny thing is, I'm getting my masters right now and having to right a shit load of essays. OMG.... My first rough draft always has periods everywhere! I mean this period problem is out of control.

Or when I go to tweet and only aloud 120 characters and 50 of them are periods and spaces... You really can't get your point across. LOL
  • @jules ... That's okay girl! The first step is admitting you have a problem.

We're all here for you! LOL
  • edited January 2012
    Also, majority of the time I get on pregly is when my lo is sleeping and most of the time he's in my arms...so I try and comment as fast as I can so a lot of times I don't use correct puntuations because I'm rushing.
  • Awww. This kind of sounds mean. :(
  • edited January 2012
    @jules- I've seen your posts/comments and they always make sense to me. So you're doing a great job:)
  • @ynvtish I'm glad your here for me just wish I wasn't judged in the first place just like I'm sure @juliansmommy feels. I don't think it is a problem just the reality. I know why I do it and she knows why she does it. I don't think this should be the place to be judged over our writing abilities, thats all. I have always thought it was a place for support and being able to have questions answered regarding being pregnant or having children.
  • @mamalove I'm really bothered and my feelings are really hurt too.
  • @julliansmommy thank you that really means a lot to me :)
  • @jules ... Personally who cares how people type or talk on the boards. LOL

If you can read this you have a strong mind:

TH15 M3554G3 53RV35 TO PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG TH1NG5! 1MPR3551V3TH1NG5! 1N TH3 B3G1NN1NG1T WA5 H4RDBUT NOW,ON TH15 LIN3 YOUR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 1T 4UT0M4T1C4LLY W1TH OUT 3V3N TH1NK1NG 4B0UT 1T, B3 PROUD! 0NLY C34RT41N P30PL3c C4N R3AD TH15.
  • I don't care about that as much as I do the intentional misspelling of words or switching letters like q for g and 0 for o it's really annoying.
  • @ynvtish lol I read that with no problems at all lmao
  • @ynvtish I agree it really doesn't matter as long as we get our point accross and we continue to help and support each other. :)
  • Don't you ever think that alot of people don't know how to or were to put then.. I'm one of them I have never been good at doing punctuations in if it were not for my smart phone then Idk what I would do..
  • Lol @ynvtish I read it ;) it doesn't bother me how people write ONLY when thry use q as a g now that bothers the ish out of me!
  • I agree, it can be kinda hard to understand.
  • I hate it when people try to make themselves feel superior over something as trivial as grammar or punctuation. Maybe someone wasn't afforded the education you were privaliged. If someone's post is too hard for you to read, maybe you should save yoursrlf some frustration and skip it. **JMO**
  • I HATE it even more when people say lost instead of loss or worst instead or worse! It drives me FREAKEN nuts! Makes people look so uneducated!
  • ..I love punctuation!

!@#$%&;*?/

• I think the biggest problem is not a lack of education. In my opinion, its pure laziness. Also, the people who go out of their way to spell a word incorrectly because its "cute"...yeah, it's quite irritating. Just my $0.02.
  • edited January 2012
    @natashalynn - love your post!

I agree that punctuation is important. I'm in the army, and my old boss used to say, "not paying attention gets people killed". I know that is extreme, but its true. Also, you should take pride in everything you do. Otherwise, why do anything?

Spelling wrong on purpose- not cute :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm another one who rambles on with no punctuation or alot of ... Lol its just because I'm lazy

It bothers me when I people spell lose like loose and through like threw.