How did you meet your SO/BF/DH/DF?

edited January 2012 in Just for Fun
I don't know if this was a topic before but being home eveyday your mind will wonder on different things...lol
How did you meet the man you're with?
For me, I met him online. I was never the type of person to go out and meet people so I always stayed behind my comp and used my fingers to communicate. I wasn't set out to meet anyone though. I was in the chatroom that I was a frequent member of and I bucked up on his name. I had recently gotten out of a relationship so I really wasn't looking to meet new people just yet. But something about him drew me to him. A lot of times in chatrooms when you talk to a guy the first thing they ask for is a picture then minutes later they want your number...BIG TURNOFF! But this guy didn't ask for any of that, we just talked. Then he told me his bday and come to find out we share the same day! (Its not all its cracked up to be...lol I hate sharing my bday) It made me want to give him my number after days of talking on the net. He was cool to talk to on the phone also. Then we finally met in person (keep in mind I already saw numerous pics of him and I did NOT meet him in a secluded area) After that we kept in touch and the feelings grew stronger and now here I am with a almost 3 week old and planning a wedding. This all happen 2 1/2 years ago. Its not all fine and dandy but we get through it. We have our diferences but...who doesn't??

So...how did you guys meet?

Comments

• We met through mutual friends when I was 15. We went out for like a month but that was it. We stayed friends but there was always that little spark between us. Then 3 years later I ran into him again with one of our friends, we went to a party together, sat in the kitchen and talked all night and have been together ever since. It will be 8 yrs in February :)
  • edited January 2012
    We met in math class when I was a freshman & he was a junior. We've been together since it will be 6 yrs in sept.
  • Meet on MySpace in the military and lost touch and reconected on Facebook. Lol
  • Meet on myspace, he was in seattle I was in Cali we spoke for 3months and he end up visitin me after 3 months, been together since may 07, we got married december 18, 2010, we just had our daughter in september....he's 25 and I am 23:)
  • We met in 7th grade on a plane heading for Washington DC for a school trip. He was an 8th grader (aka sooo much cooler than me...at least thats what he thought lol) we picked on each other a couple of years and then it just kind of dawned on us that we liked each other my freshman year of highschool. It'll be 8 years for us in July :)
  • I met my now fiance on an online dating site. I had already met a bunch of morons and was about to quit wasting my time... Then I met him and we had soooo much in common and talked online about 8 hours, then on tge phone for about 6... I didn't want to waste my time getting to know someone that was not right for me so we met in person the next day and have been together ever since
  • I moved in across the street from him when I was 13, so I was literally the girl next door lol. I dated his younger brother first & when he broke my heart (thats how it felt at the time) his brother was already my friend and there to "console me" lol. A month later, we took a walk and out of nowhere he kissed me. Ten years later & we are still together :)
  • Aww these are all nice stories. Keep them coming ladies. I like hearing stories like this. :)
  • We met in 4th grade. were each others first crush :) sort of lost touch in Jr high and then he moved away. we reconnected online and eventually he moved back and we got together not too long after! 2 years together now :)
  • We met in tech school. We both are military and had to train for our jobs. I was stationed in kansas and he was stationed in alaska. He kept trting to talk tome but i kept ingoring him. Then one day one of my close friend was dating one of his friends and we start talking and have been together ever since. Well we broke up once but that lasted only a few weeks lol. Now im in alaska with him and enjoying life.
  • MySpace. He's the only guy that didn't be a dog. I wasn't going to give him a chance cause We were 3,000 miles apart but God told me to and We are so happy:)
  • He dated my friend in high school. Then they lived in the same apartment building in college. He came over to their apartment and it was an instant connection. We have a 2.5 week old and have been together almost 5 years.
  • Met in Germany for the Army. Together for 10 months and found out we were pregnant. I left active duty and went reserves and we had our daughter. Married when she was 5 months and now have a 3m old son. Were going on 7 years together now...
  • Met at basic training for the army. Stayed in touch for 6 years while he was active duty and stationed away. When he got to Korea we decided to start a long distance relationship and when he got out of the army he moved to me and we got married within a year. We now have a 3 year old girl and a 6 month old boy!
  • He was putting himself thru school, same here I was managing a Wendys and he came in for a second job. Instantly I knew I felt something for him. I could barely speak and we started working together...we just clicked, had a playful relationship. Bc I was his manager didn't date...he ended up quitting so we could start a relationship:) 9 years later we are still together and on our third kid...after this one we are gonna get married:)
  • Wow there are quite a few people in the military on here :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was working in a chiropractors office doing massage therapy. A, woman, client of mine said that she knew a guy I would be perfect for and asked if i'd be willing to go on a blind date. I had never been on one before, but thought it would be exciting so I agreed. As soon as I saw him I knew my plan for staying single was ruined. 6years later we're married with two little boys. I'm a stay at home mom now, but still talk to the lady who set us up...she's now my mother in law :) lol!! I know, very modern day Fiddler on the roof! My husbands mom was our matchmaker :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My so and I are those crazy black Friday shoppers and met in line at 2am waiting for a laptop. our due date was black Friday of last yr too
  • My husband and I met in highschool. I was a freshman and he was a junior..I had a huge crush on him but was really shy and never told him..we lost touch for about 4 yrs and then ended up seeing each other again hanging out at the same place one night and weve been together ever since :) this march will be 4 yrs together..we got married on 9-10-11 and our son was born 10-12-11 :)
  • eHarmony! :) we are perfect for each other and I love him to pieces. Been together 3 years, married for 2, and had our first LO last October :)
  • Aww @meliz1187 I always wondered if those sites worked. I see youre living proof :)
  • Oh I forgot to say that when we reconected on Facebook, ( been together since) we talked on the phone for a month, he then drove to Maryland from Wisconsin, stayed for 2 weeks instead of a few days, went home and moved to me 2 weeks later. We now live in Wisconsin together. We have a 5 year old daughter together and another one on the way in April. He is a also a wonderful step parent to my 7 year old daughter.
  • Its crazy how so many of us met our SO without expecting it.
  • Its crazy how so many of us met our SO without expecting it.
  • I met my hubby on Tagged.com I was on there maybe six hours from start up and I receive this friend request by this gorgeous man! I thought to myself oh HELL YEAH! We messaged back and forth for about 2 hours then started texting then he called we talked for hours for a week straight. He became my friend on a Saturday morning by Tuesday it was so cute he was asking me to be his GF over the phone :) our normal conversation was 5-8 hours long! Thank u unlimited minutes! We decided to meet up Friday night I already decided I was going to well lets just say he went home for a very short period of time Monday morning! We have been together ever since. Yesterday was our 1 year wedding anniversary!!
  • He was my boss at my first job and after I graduated high school, I quite and we started dating. It'll be 5yrs in august. He's also seven yrs older than me, so when people talk about age, all I say is age doesn't matter <3
  • I met my bf on MySpace about 4/5 years ago lol he was just different! About two months after chatting we went out on a date, two months after we made it "official", one month after that we broke up lol still remained friends n about five months after we became "roommates" started hating each other but within that year somewhere we fell in love been together for about 2 n a half years n had our baby boy 4 months ago lol! Its crazy I wouldn't have imagined it but that's our story!
  • Me and my husband met online(myspace) we talked for over a year te.xting,computer and so on. Well he told me he was going to Mexico for awhile. Well I just knew he was never gonna come back,but he stayed on my mind. Well I was really sick on day and went to the store to get some meds and I get a text from him sayn turn to the left ,it was him with a promise ring to never leave my side again. And hear we are 5years later never been apart.