help..cradle cap!

edited January 2012 in Babies Health
Does anyone know anything I can do to lesson my daughters cradle cap? She's 4 months old, we bathe her every other day and brush her hair with a soft baby brush since she doesn't have much hair to begin with.

Is there anything we can do or should we just leave it be? My oldest never had it when she was a baby.

Comments

• Pick it! That's what I did And my lil man is perfect.
  • I put baby oil on her head and gently massaged. But it should go away on its own.
  • I have the same problem (4 month old also) and I cant find anything that works
  • We have always been told to help prevent it to do a gentle scrub with your fingertips. We've never had it but one of my daycare parents say to use baby oil.
  • Baby oil with Shea butter! And comb off all the flakes during lo's bath!
  • Massage baby oil into her scalp and comb it away during a bath. I always combed in all directions and put a little bit of pressure (not hard). I was scared to pick at it but the oil n comb did the trick.
  • extra virgin olive oil the brand starts with a P not sure of the name exactly but get it from the grocery store
  • My friends pedi recommended selsen (sp) blue but hers was very bad but it was gone after a few washes
  • Okay thanks everyone!
  • My pedi told me to get head and shoulder shampoo. I got a little travel size bottle its cheaper since I don't plan on using it all the time
  • baby oil & the comb u get Fr hospital</font<