food and juice

edited January 2012 in Solid Foods
Ok so my lo is almost 6mos old I have been feeding her stage 1 foods my question is how much do u give ur lo's each feeding and how many times a day do u give it to them?? Also what kind of juice if any do u give them??

Comments

• My daughter eats half a jar of veggies and half a jar of fruit at dinner time. And tonight I started her on grape juice and water (4:1). She's only having solids at dinner right now, its bottles with cereal in them the rest of the day.
  • I've been wondering the same. My daughter is 5 months and is doing great on solids. As of right now I give her oatmeal with applesauce every morning and then for a late dinner I give her a veggie. I don't know if I should throw in a lunch too since she does well.
  • @lucyloo288 @kcike812 thanks im gonna try grape juice today, and maybe add in another feeding in the am... thanks for the responses!!!
  • @kcike812 I don't know if I should be feeding her more either.. it seems like if I feed her more food, she doesn't get enough bottles during the day. I'm not really sure how to work this out, lol.
  • I kinda just went off my daughter. When I felt she was ready for more I gave her half a jar and if she acted like she wanted more then I gave her the other half. I still gave her the same number of bottles she normally had but I would give her less in the bottle after the New feeding. She is 8 months and I just started 3 times a day.

I give her pear,apple, or white grape juice 2oz juice with 2oz water. I always give it to her in a sippy not a bottle.
  • @navybabyonway do u use the gerber juice??
  • Yeah I do, I use the little ones when we go somewhere, but usually at home I just use the big bottle.
  • Oh ok i was just wondering, thank u!!! @navybabyonway
  • My Dr. Told me that juice has no nutritional value and that it would honestly only make my baby fat. Any input? I'm on the fence about it.
  • You dont need juice, like you dont need cereal or oatmeal.

There is a recent artical about baby foods. I dont remember where I saw it though.
  • edited January 2012
    I have 6 little bowls with lids I use

I put 4 teaspoons of rice or oatmeal mixed with 1 oz of milk in each of the 4 bowls.. then take

1 container of veggies
    1 container of fruit
    1 jar of meat.

I seperate them evenly among the 4 of the bowls

Then in the other 2 bowls I take 1 container of fruit and seperate it 1/2 and 1/2

I put the container on them all then in the drug they go.

This will last me for 2 full days. Hers the menu:

DAY 1 and DAY 2: __________________

Snack: BM

Breakfast:
    1 bowl of Oatmeal, fruit, veggies & meat

Lunch:
    1 bowl of fruit

Dinner:
    1 bowl of Oatmeal, fruit, veggies & meat

So every 2 days my baby will only consume:

1 container of veggies
    2 containers of fruit
    1 container of meat
    Plus oatmeal..
  • @Caroline8_p that's what I keep reading every where! I won't do juice then. Thanks! :)