Baby gender question

edited January 2012 in Pregnant
I was watching YouTube and saw that they attempt to look at the gender at 13 weeks and I even saw where it was obviously a boy, obviously a girl. Do you think it'd be pointless for me to ask? I'll be 13 weeks 3days on Wednesday at my ultrasound and thought I'd give it a shot. Anyone else?

Comments

• I would wait bc the 20 week is more definite. I tried to go in at 18 weeks and they said they couldn't guarantee anything. Also, they told me most insurance will only cover one ultrasound...so if they couldn't see then your screwed bc you wouldn't be covered for another one. They are expensive too, I got the bill for my son and the insurance paid $1800 for one ultrasound...crazy! Luckily they paid all of it:) but i know its hard to wait...hang in there:)
  • I found out at 16 wks. I also had weekly ultrasounds. Have to love technology!
  • definitely wait! Boys and girls can look the same up until 16 weeks. If you want to know and don't want to wait till 20 weeks most 3d/4d places will do gender scan at 16 weeks. That's how I found out.
  • Id ask anyway just for FUN.
  • You can ask but I wouldn't get excited about it. I had mine done at 13ish weeks and you couldn't see clearly. I was 16 weeks and it was obvious then!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sehra4177 yeah - I had a biopsy of my cervix in 08 and I'm going to be getting multiple ultrasounds due to that. And they found another sac that they wanna make sure clears itself. :) so thought it wouldn't hurt to just take a peek sense they'll be there anyway.

@everyone thanks!!! I think Imma look just for fun anyways. Lol :-D
  • No harm in asking. However I wouldn't get to excited until the 20w u/s since someones the scrotum doesn't drop!
  • A 3d ultrasound might see but u might have, to wait a few more weeks
  • @babyluv8 yeah, itd still be fun though. :)

@preggointx I went to these people with Jemma and got a 3d/4D each time so I'm praying I'll see on Wednesday even if the gender doesn't (prob won't) show. :D I wanna see the blessings face.
  • @BabyComingSoon143 well if they are doing it anyway then go for it;) with my daughter I had extra ultrasounds bc they thought she wasn't growing the way she should so I had tons of ultrasounds...my son tho it was pretty much normal and this one too so my insurance only covers so many:(
  • I found out at 14 weeks :)
  • I found out at 17weeks I was most likely having a girl, it was harder knowing that it might be wrong till I got the 20week one done for confirmation. If I did it again I would just wait till the bigger scan
  • I'm finding out at 13 weeks. YES, the genders are similar looking, because both look like penis', but they look at the ANGLE of the dangle.
  • @everyone thanks!!! Gives me hope that others are checking at that time :)

@txmommy93011 was it accurate at 14 weeks? :)

@Fate oh snap! :-D how far are you now?
  • My ultrasound from 14 wks to 20 wks looks the exact same. Expect 20 wks was bigger lol the tech said she was sure it was a boy and she was right. :)