Car seat recall (for canadians) - Britax

edited February 2012 in Babies Health
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2012/01/31/britax-car-seat.html

Britax Child Safety Inc. is recalling 3,600 children's car seats because of a faulty shoulder harness that may not keep the user in place properly.

No injuries have been reported in Canada as a result of the defect, but the devices are being recalled as a precaution, the company said in documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Administration in the U.S. The affected seats were made from Sept. 1, 2010 through April 30, 2011 with model numbers E9L692J, E9L692K, E9L692L and E9L692M.

The Canadian recall is in conjunction with a larger U.S. recall of more than 14,000 of the devices.

The North Carolina-based company will issue repair kits to all registered owners on or after Feb. 6, 2012. Customers are asked to call 1-888-427-4829 to register their units and cease using them in the interim.

Comments

• I live in the u.s an I just got my replacement chest clip because it was recalled on the britax carseat.
  • Thanks for clarifying its Canadian. I often don't look at recall posts since they often don't apply to us!