pumping question

edited February 2012 in Breastfeeding
My right side is now only producing 1/4 or less the amount that the left is. Is this normal? Like today my 2nd pumping (No baby in between) produced 4oz on L and not even 1 on the right. My boy eats off both at night and he is not favoring one side so whats going on... and how can I fix this...

Comments

• Im no help but im the same way...my baby is almost 5 months & my left has always produced much more.
  • I was pretty even for a long time and then this last few weeks its been progressively worse... He was really sick last week and would barely eat (and when he did he threw up) but I still pumped when I needed too. So Im concerned...
  • My left always had more than my right but some days the right has more than the left. Iono y it does that.
  • I pump 6-10 oz out of my left and only 1-3 out of my right one in a pumping session. it has been that way since day one and I'm almost 4 months into pumping! so I think it's Normal.
  • Mine one side I pump 2 to 6 in one side the other 1/4 to 2 oz but when I do the pumpathon lol pump ten minutes rest ten minutes again and again for one hour twice a day for 3 days straight gets better almost like the other side if I keep pumping stays if I don't pump goes back to almost none
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine switches back and forth. Just make sure you are drinking alot of water and feed in the side not pumping much to increase the supply also tandem pump.