edited June 2012 in Babies Health
Well idk if it's eczema or a heat rash but it looks like eczema to me. It's on her body, face, neck and back. I'm trying to get an appointment for Monday but anyway for those who have infants with eczema what soaps and lotion do u use on them? Or what did u do to treat it?

Comments

• Nyla broke out bad 6 Weeks too but I dont think it was Eczema. It was red bumps. I didnt use anything, I let it cleared up on its own. Took about 3 Weeks tho :( poor lil Hazel
  • Maybe try a baby wash for sensitive skin and also laundry soaps like all free and clear... Stuff like that. My oldest had it and we did all that plus we got a cream from the doc and it helped alot. :)
  • Mine had a rash that they said is basically cradle cap on the body there's a medical word for it. Anyways after the prescription meds for a week they said to only use baby aveno on him and not johnson and Johnson
  • edited February 2012
    Madison had this too. She broke out on her forehead then her entire head was covered. She had this along with diarrhea, extreme gas and spit up. I was actually expecting it since her sis had the same thing. My odd was allergic to the lactose in milk. I had to switch her formula when she was around 2 months. Now its the same thing with Madison. I had to change her to Similac Sensitive formula and soon to be Enfamil Gentlease. All of her symptoms have vanished. The only thing that stayed was her bad rash. I started using Aveeno Excema therapy on her face twice a day after wiping her face with a wet rag. It cleared her face up within a few days. I think as long as her face is moisturized daily then she should be fine. I was getting scared because she will be taking pics soon. The doctors couldn't tell me what it was so I had I had to kick into supermom and handle it myself. I highly recommend Aveeno. :)
  • We use all free in clear laundry soap, and aveeno for exzema lotion. Haven't had any signs of it since we switched lotion!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My 5 month old has it really bad, nothing has helped. His doctor sent us to a dermatologist and they gave him a prescription for a special shampoo and a steroid cream for him. He has only been on that for a few days now so Idk if it is working yet. They also said scented lotions and shampoos were the worst for his skin.
  • I use to use aveeno baby exzema therapy its great but my daughters got so bad the Dr had to give her sumthn
  • Well idk what it is then I'm just thinking eczema because my older daughter got ur when she was 5 and it looks the same. We haven't changed laundry detergent or soaps and lotions since birth? She uses dreft and johnsons naturals
  • edited February 2012
    They are mostly skin colored and some look a little red on her chest...
  • @BabyBubba123111 and @RileyAndMe
    i am ebf too and when my daughter was around 2 weeks she started not pooping everyday. the lc said try stop drinking milk. i didnt think she was allergic to the cow milk protein because she wasnt having diarrhea, no rash and no spit up...but i cut out milk anyway and she started to poop again. the next week i had a follow up and the lc told me she prob wasnt allergic so i started drinking milk again and she got backed up again. idk of it was coincidence but they told me stop again for 2 weeks and then try to drink milk again and see what happens. i havent drank milk since and shes pooping everyday. that was almost 2 weeks ago. i did eat cheese in my sandwich yesterday tho lol...this rash just started so idk if its from something else i ate or a heat rash. i should post a pic.

sorry about the punctuation im typing on the pc with one hand because i am feeding her now lol
  • edited June 2012
  • What kinda rash does it look like?
  • She's to cute yea looks like exzema to me to
  • I'd say eczema too be careful with prescribed medicine though, my daughter has it, it originally started on her face and it went 3 weeks untreated bc the Dr thought it was related to something else. The medicine discolored her skin on her face. They say eczema does that so be careful. Her skin color is coming back but it took a while
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo where do u find the aveeno eczema soap
  • @navybabyontheway where do u buy the aveeno stuff
  • @myHEARTZx3 BabiesRus has it, Walmart or Target. You can also try a pharmacy. Like Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Eckerds...etc
  • Btw Madisons was alot worse than Hazels. It started out like that then it took over her face and neck completely. It went from being spread out bumps, to becoming a huge rash. It sounds to me like Hazels bumps are related to you havibg dairy products. Or maybe it can just be baby acne but I dont anything about that. Im still not sure what it can be since she was never diagnosed but I just tried the Aveeno Ecxema Therapy and it worked.
  • edited February 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The lotion an soap is both at Walmart I couldn't tell the soap did any good my pediatrician sed use dove soap
  • @tricesbaby u can get aquaphor at target for sure.... :)
  • @tricesbaby thats exactly how Madisons face looked. Then after the bumps left her skin was rough just like your son. Now her skin is smooth again. Did you try BabiesRUs? They have a section for babies skin care.
  • edited February 2012
    Malia's ped said dove soap too & use aa MOISTURIZER wiithin 3 minutes after bath.. not a lotion or cream.

Its hereditary.
  • @tricesbaby ur sons skin is getting a lot better. I just wanna know if it is eczema or an allergic reaction or what... If it is eczema I wanna get the right soaps n lotions because I know to heal it u need to be moisturized. I have eczema and so does my daughter. We use dove and lubriderm but idk if I could put that on a baby lol. U can find aquaphor at drugstores or Walmart. I use that for my tattoos I was wondering why they have aquaphor baby lol I got a sample for it.
  • @caroline8_p yeah I have it too. So does my older daughter. We use dove and lubriderm and it's pretty much gone but if she stops using it she starts to break out. I know how to treat ours but since hazel is only 6 weeks I was wondering what I could use on her
  • @tricesbaby the aquaphor in our Walmart was buy the flush able wipes and baby wipes, powder, and soaps that are not on the baby section
  • My LO went through this.. I didn't find out until she was 5 mons that THR Johnson and Johnson baby bath and lotion caused this.

For our African American babies... They can't use all of those "baby fresh smelling" products. Our skin is way to sensitive for that.

After seeing a dermatologist (do) that specializes in African American babies and adults she had me use the following

Dove Moisturizer Body Wash
    Aveno Hydrogencortizon
    Vaseline

Wash your babys body and face with this wash.. in the day time apply the aveno 3 times a day on face and body. At night time wash them up and apply baseline to the face. Coating the face will keep milk.. germs and other things from irritating the skin.