holy elephant ankles

edited March 2012 in Third Trimester
OMG! My ankles are soo swollen. They actually hurt, I sit at work so I am not on then much. I never had this problem with the other two pregnancies. I showed my mom when I stopped there today and she said they look blueish. Is this normal? They kinda feel like when your leg falls asleep, like little prickly. It just started too since last night and I'm 36 weeks. Any way to relieve them at all? Lol, I was getting undressed and my daughter saw them, she goes ughh, and started laughing at them...bc they are so huge:(

Comments

• Pretty normal!

Only worry if your hands and face begin swelling as well. Are they okay?

Try to elevate them as often as possible!
  • Hands and face are ok for now. Its just scary bc they hurt so bad, oh and I guess the reaction of my daughter and mom, lol. But if its normal then I'll be ok...they are so horrible looking.
  • Mine were swollen while I was pregnant also, but the worst was after my csection. They seriously looked like they were going to pop! Definitely keep them elevated as much as possible & try to avoid sodium. I also read that drinking a lot of water will help the swelling, even though that never made a lot of sense to me lol
  • The only thing that worked for me was to sleep with my feet elevated on a pillow. Mine didn't swell til after I had my LO though. I was swankin with my cankins' LOL
  • @DavidnAadynsMama lol now I gotta tell my mom she was right, I was eating turkey jerky and she said that has alot of sodium. I def drink a ton of water too. I have them elevated now bc just got my two year old to bed and can relax, they are starting to feel better:) @ceegsmommy75 ok thx:) the elevation seems to be helping alot:) lol at swankin with your cankins:)
  • I may have said it wrong. The water helps them to NOT swell, but yes sodium will definitely make them swell up
  • No I got you bc I've heard that before...I just hate my mom was actually right lol. That makes sense...but thx tho bc I'm def feeling better just drank a bottle of water:) @DavidnAadynsMama
  • Lol sorry. I hate when my mama is right too haha