ginger

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
Morning sickness has been hell. I Just can't stand throwing up all the time. Its disgusting!! I can't eat let alone brush my teeth or wash dishes without getting sick and OMG the smell of cooking oil is nasty. So a friend of mine told me to boil Ginger in water and drink about a cup of it. And to my surprise its not that bad And has helped a little.

What else can I try??? Help!!!

Comments

• I had a ton of success with motion sickness bands. Also Zofran.
  • peppermint or get some of the preggie pops from babies r us. hope you feel better soon!
  • My doctor gave me a medication like zofran but a supository so i didnt have to swallow anything but it worked. good luck
  • "Clove" hard candy. Im not even sure where you can find it, but a co-worker of mine gave me tons of it while I was pregnant & it helped so much.
  • Btw, it reminds me of cinnamon, but less intense & its slightly spicy, but it REALLY helped a ton. Good luck hun
  • Also try B vitamins, and keep snacks handy! Munching on a saltine cracker throughout the night made it a bit more tolerable. I threw up for 9 months straight so after awhile I just got used to it, but if you get really dehydrated, zofran and phenergan can be taken together (though it makes you mega sleepy!) I hope your sickness doesn't last too long! Definitely get the preggy pop drops!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks everyone!!! I will definitely try them.