Missed pill!?!?

edited March 2012 in Health
Due to lack of sleep, and the stress of trying to complete my master's thesis I apparently forgot to take my pill last night! I'm not ready for baby #2, but will not be upset if I do become pregnant. Do I just take tonights dose and forget last nights since it has already been a whole day? It only says to "take a missed pill as soon as you remember that you missed it." I don't believe I'm suppose to double dose. Anybody know?

I'm more terrified of having another ectopic pregnancy, as I have already had one that ruptured and do NOT want to go through that again!

Comments

• I'm pretty sure you take both
  • You take both.
  • Take both and if you're extra worried or concerned (ovulation time or a lot of sexy time) go take plan b.
  • Most pills if you miss one its suggested you use condoms for 2 weeks after
  • I believe you should take both today, and I would probably use condoms for the next couple of weeks if you really concerned!
  • I always took both when I forgot... but I got pregnant off the pill the first time :-?
  • Oops...I usually just take my next pill and forget about the night before...I didn't think you were suppose to double dose...guess my knowledge was wrong :-\
  • Keep takin pills at right time, but use condoms for two weeks.
  • edited March 2012
    Thank you!!! I did a bit of research and found some literature that said to just skip the dose I missed if I was ready for the next dose. Last month I started my period at about this time in my cycle of pills. I'm hoping if I've ovulated, that I've ovulated on the side where I've lost my tube. Only time will tell. I'm pretty paranoid given the repregnancy atmosphere around here. So the wait begins. Yikes!