doubting if i can really do this.

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So here's the thing girls. Nvr this whole time have I considered an abortion, its just not my beliefs... lately I have jus been gettin so depressed. I'm barely finishing college in july, and they job place you, but what happens if they don't want me cuz I'm already prego. I am tryn to move out, n I don't wanna tell neone till I do... I'm only 6 wks 5 days... but I have all these bills, n ima b in debt from college, n I'm starting to get so scared that I don't think I can do this any more, I'm really starting to doubt myself... but the alternative scares the crap out of me....the other thing, is I'm not positive my family will support me when they find out, infact I'm almost positive they won't.... idk wat to do, I'm not supposed to be stressing, but this is all stressing me out so much... any advice

Comments

• Remmber there is always adoption. You could still finish school. You could even start the adoption process before you tell yor family that way they tell you that ruining your life or something like that. But abortion migjt be something you would rgret down the road. Ut this is just my opinion good luck with everything.
  • @Tami101711 that is a really hard situation. My 17yr old sister got an abortion 10mo ago because shes still in school n my mom talked her into it telling her it was better for every one. She went through with it and she is still very messed up over it :( Just think long and hard before you make a decision. I know it's very tough... I'm sorry you have to go through this.. :(
  • I think you should keep the baby. It will be a blessing and a joy in your life even if your family doesn't help at all. You will barely be showing in July and will find work. Its great that you will be able finish your degree! I know that it feels overwhelming right now but an abortion won't be any less overwhelming and can hurt your chances of carrying other children to term when you decide to have more. If you feel very strongly that you can't raise your child you could consider adoption if you go through a lawyer or agency they will let you pick the potential parents. There are many many couples who can't have children that are very ready to be parents who would love to have children but can't. Do you have any friends you can talk with about this? Someone who will support your decisions and not try to decide for you? Or can you get counseling through your college?
  • edited March 2011
    Do what you feel is right for you and if ur family won't support ur choice you will always have support here
  • My story is very similar to yours! I'm pregnant living with my parents also and I'm in college!! At first, I felt like I couldn't do it either and I didn't want to tell my parents until I found my own place. I finally got my apartment last Wednesday but I still haven't moved into it yet. I still have days where I feel like I can't do this but I always think about the outcome. As far as college goes, you just have to do the best you can and hope that you graduate. I'm supposed to graduate in December but right about now I don't think that's going to happen. I'm not really stressing like I was at first. You'll get through it, and if your family doesn't support you, don't worry about it. You'll have your own place soon and you won't have to worry about negative energy around you...Hang in there!!
  • Thanks mamas.. I really want this child, I find I'm already so attatched n I know I cudnt handle an abortion. I mean I'm 23, not too young.. but the timing of graduating in july, n findin a job right after scares me plus I'm goin from no rent to renting a 2 br. My bday is tom n everyone was around for dinner tonight where I told my dad I was movin out, n he jus flipped.... like really??? It jus made me doubt everything
  • Hang in there... Everything happens for a reason... You deserve to be happy and having the baby would be the best thing that ever happened to you. Regardless of how your parents may feel you are not a child and your decision is all that matters. At least youve made it this far in college. I had my first daughter at 18 I graduated high school with honors went to college but didnt finish because I had to work so much just to take care of her. Maintain a car our apartment and keep food on the table. Now ill be 24 tomorrow same as you yaaaaayyyy lol pisces!!! And my daughter would be 6 in june and I wouldnt trade my princess in for nothing she made me grow a backbone. The strong individual that I am today. And im expecting my second one 15weeks and a few days along with dreams of finishing up college... Girl hang in there
  • Sorry to hear your dad flipped about you moving out. I was 23 when I gave my son up for adoption. My family totally wasn't there for me but you can do what you set your mind to. They didn't speak to me my whole pregnancy. I was really upfront and honest with them but they didn't handle it well. Having your own place to live will be really good for you and having people close to you that you can talk with. This may sound harsh but when my parents wouldn't speak to me I considered them dead and would talk with my god mother. She was like a mother to me during that time.
  • Yeah, my mom died in september. I know shed b stoked... n sometimes I think she sent me this little miracle. It just hurts that they can't even trust that I can live alone... n I have not even told them the news yet, it will b so worse.
  • At least you told your dad that you're moving out....I already got my apartment and I still haven't told my dad that I'm moving out yet :-S
  • You can do it. Where there's a will, theres a way. Anything is possible. I was 16 when I had my first baby. I had my 2nd at 19, 3rd at 21, 4th at almost 26. Expecting my 5th & I'm 27. It wasn't always easy, especially with my health, but I perservered. My parents were upset to say the very least, but they said a baby is a blessing no matter what, that it was their grandchild&they would be there for me. They never supported my kids, but they did spoil them as well as stood beside me never doubting I could do it. I think they're more proud of my kids than anything in this world. Just don't make an rash decisions. Whatever you decide to do, think it through before doing it. Just never doubt yourself. Never forget you also have a very supportive group here at Pregly here for you anytime :)