pee pee diaper changing...

edited March 2012 in Babies
I was just wondering when you change your baby's wet diapers. I always change my son as soon as he pees or as soon as I know he's wet. I noticed a lot of moms I know wait until their babies are soaking wet to save diapers. What do you do?

Comments

• I change her as soon as I noticed she peed.. sometimes I take longer than others if I'm cooking, cleaning, feeding my two year old etc.
  • I dont intentionally wait til hes soaking wet. Thats crazy to me lol. But he never cries because hes wet, so usually I just change him when he eats every 3 hrs and check him once in between. Though, if hes sleeping, I usually wont wake him. I was always taught to never wake a sleeping baby lol.
  • As soon as I notice he has a wet/dirty diaper I change him. He's 6 months & hasn't had a diaper rash :D my bf's cousin has a little girl the same age as my son & I went over to her house & she was like "you change his diaper everytime he pees or poops?" & im like, "yeah! I wouldn't want to sit in my own pee or poop!" & she said she let's her baby pee like 4 or 5 times before she changes it :/ I feel bad for her
  • But during the night I don't change him unless he wakes up
  • I do the same thing as @mom2ing
  • Wow @clope18 thats insane. I know there are times that im sure aadyn pees more than once before I notice but I never say "oh, hes wet but not wet ENOUGH". I also dont change him during the night (unless he wakes up) because he sleeps through the night. Hes almost 4 months old & has never had a diaper rash. I intend to keep it that way as long as possible. I know it happens, and eventually he will end up with one but it wont be because mommy doesnt change his diapers. My ex SIL used to ration diapers. She would have like, a daily limit her daughter could use throughout the day! Omg I felt so bad for the lil baby :(
  • I usually do it when it's poofy or when he eats- every 3-4 hours unless he poops. I never change him while he's sleeping! Lol.
  • Same as @mom2ing. I also don't change her at night while she sleeps. I waited 7 months for her to sleep through the night lol I'm not screwing that up! Pampers baby dry say right on the box good for up to 12 hrs overnight :)
  • Im constantly checking her diaper to see if she needs changing. at night i change her sometimes even if shes sleeping bc she sleeps thru her diaper change lol
  • Overnight, never unless she pooped.

Usually every two pees otherwise. And poop asap.
  • We change our daughter every time we notice she's pee'd. That being said she is still very sensitive too redness, and rash. BUT it's definitely not because we don't change her, or let her sit in it. Which some people would assume the reason would be. My Mom said that when I was a baby, I was extremely sensitive too.
    Sometimes, I'll change her and she has such a small amount of pee that most people would just leave their baby until they have another tinkle... but I try to have her flare up as little as possible. She's allergic to most creams, so if she does flare up, it's like an entire week of soar bum :( We've found though, that if we do not miss one application of just your average baby powder too keep her completely dry (Because wet wipes do leave babies moist) Then she is completely clear and happy :)
    I think a little bit of my point is that babies don't get a rash just because they aren't changed every time they are damp, they can also be really sensitive. :) <3
  • We change her every time we notice she pees..its usually after a couple of times. We change her immediately when she poops. She has gotten a red butt before but nothing horrible and nothing a little butt paste can't cure after one use.
  • I have the Pampers that have the line that turns blue when it gets wet. Piper is a diva and usually cries if ONE drop of pee touches her, so I have to change her every 2 hours LOL
  • I agree with mom2ing! I am on my 4th child with 2 in diapers so yea...I do not change my daughters diaper right away when she pees if it's a lil bit...if she poops I do right away. I do not wake her to change her diaper only if she wakes up...she has never had diaper rash...none of my kids ever had it except a couple times when they were on a antibiotic and it made their poop a lil acidy but that's it.
  • i change ayva about every 2 to 3 hrs. she pees alot lol. but i change poop right away. i dont change her at night. she sleeps 8to 10hrs andhas never woken up because of a wet diaper, and shes only gotten diaper rash once when she had the runs. and i dont use any products on her, just dry her toosh with a washclothe
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bettymomma I agree with the pad thing! I change my almost 5 month old every 2-3 hours, but I usually go by when she eats. I will change her right before or right after a feeding. No problems with diapie rash and she has super sensitive skin like her momma!

With the exception of poo poo, that is changed promptly.
  • I know it varies on how often people change the pee pee diapers & I think thats completely understandable. Seems like we all agree on one thing though... Poopy diapers get changed immediately! Lol