husband

My husband treats me like crap. He got mad at me for not closing the garage door when i just went out there to get something. And tonight he leaves at midnight to go hang out with his friends. But i never get to do anything for me because i have to take care of our 6 mo old daughter. He buys his cigs and beer everyday. But i never buy anything for myself. When i do he gets mad. I am tired of the way he talks down to me. He says he has to make all the money but he doesn't want me to work. I do the dishes and pick up the house. But he says i am lazy. He said i never make him happy. I always ruin his day. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• I'm sorry! I don't really have any suggestions other than maybe counseling but he sounds controlling and manipulative! Telling you what you can and cannot do, that type of personality doesn't usually listen or even entertain the idea of him being wrong. I could be way off, obviously I don't actually know him! I had a bf like this once and everything I did was wrong and if I wasn't doing what he wanted or the way he wanted he exploded. But he could do whatever he darn well pleased cuz he was the man. I wish I could remember Cheryls screen name, I believe her ex husband was similar to this. I wanna say babynewyear but I have a feeling that is wrong. I hope someone can help you or give you good advice!
  • Get a job!!!
  • Its hard, men sometimes feel like bc they work they can do what they want. That is one reason I never stopped working. Not my current fiance but an ex was like that...I work bc then I know that I will always have my own. Even tho me and him are ok and things are going well just that experience in the past made me always want to have my own money and if I ever needed to leave I could. My mom has always been in the position where she never worked and sometimes growing up my dad treated her horrible (they are def better now) but she was stuck there. Of course my relationship is far from perfect bc I don't think that's possible lol. But if it would ever get bad I can go. I actually make more than him and could easily rub it in his face but don't and for your husband to act like that isn't cool. You are still working at home. I would say just talk to him and if it is a problem or he feels he can't then you have to decide from there if its worth your child eventually hearing him talk to you like that. I have friend who her husband is like that and her ten year old son treats her the same now, talks down to her tells her to shutup...so he is emulating what his dad does and says.
  • This is not complicated. You need to decide if staying with a man who makes you feel like less than a person rather than his equal is ok? Is that the type of man you want your children to model themselves after? if the answers to these questions is yes then stay and deal...if the answer is no, and he refuses to change, then CHANGE YOUR SITUATION! Don't put up with that crap!
  • He is the type where he won't listen and when i try to talk to him he always turns it around. He didn't used to be this way until he got a management position at work. We only have 1 child and he treats her so good. He loves her a lot. Idk i was just really upset and i don't have any family here. I want to get a job but when i bring up the subject he gets mad. I used to put money away when j was working but he found out and was mad. He thought of it like i was hiding stuff from him. We have been married for 5 yrs and he has only been acting this way since i got pregnant a year ago.
  • Thank you for tagging me @smcox yes you are exactly right! Sounds just like my ex. They put you down and make you feel worthless. It is hard to swallow when you love them. I was with mine for 14 years before I had enough. He was jealous of our son. Yes you heard me...his son! While he was in the NICU fighting to live he did not want me to go visit because I was cheating. I could not wear nice clothing or fix my hair. I will be glad to talk to you and help anyway I can. You will have to get a job, you will be better off raising your daughter without being upset. She feels that. I am sorry you are going through this. Be strong Momma....you will need to be to get through this.