Castor Oil?!!

edited March 2012 in Pregnant
I've never tried it or heard of it but my cousins & my aunt are trying to talk me into doing it in another week. Has Anyone done it? Experiences? Thoughts? Opinons? Lol anything....

Comments

• Never tried it, heard too many bad stories of running to the toilet & it not starting labour off but know others who've done it & swear it helped :)
  • @willothewisp Really? That doesn't sound great at all. Lol
  • the only way itll help if ur body is ready... other than that nothing but diahrrea
  • It is very effective when you are already in the first stage of labor and/or stalled. Very rarely will it actually put you into labor.
  • It tastes nasty and makes you poop. That is all!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did it with my first. He was already 2 days late. I was sick all night long. I did go into labor the next day. My labor experience was horrible but i don't know if it had anything to do with the castor oil. i say don't do it
  • Didn't work for me my son was already 2days late so I tried it. All it did was give Me the runs for a few hours and very tired. I had to get induced after we was a week late and still ended up with a c section. It only works if tour body is ready and I guess my body wasent what so ever. My aunt said it worked for her
  • Oooh...I'm trying this tomorrow!! I've heard (and seen) that it makes you poo, tastes gross, but works. I've been in early labor for almost a week(omgosh kill me) and dilated to a three at 70% effaced...and once my contractions start up again...I'm taking it!! @babynumber3ontheway I promise I'll make a post and let you know how it goes!! :-)
  • @CristinaLynn what did you doctor say my appt is tomorrow. Please let me know what happens, I have a friend keep telling me to take it but I am scared too. Lol :)
  • @Heather3rdgirl He is making an induction date for me in a week and 1/2, but said I'm not gonna make it much longer, just his opinion. He went to check me and surisingly says "oh, your mucus plug is gone!" ...uhhm yeah, I lost that almost a week ago lol. Basically now just a waiting game. He said to just get rest, take lots of warm baths and prescribed me Ambient, sleepy meds to help me sleep through contractions and the pelvic dysfunction. But as far as the castor oil...I'm saying to hell with it and taking it lol...the least it'll do is clean out my system. I guess it won't work if you're body isn't ready, but damn...if me being in early labor for almost five days isn't my body being ready idk what is lol. You should take it with me!!! :-)
  • @CristinaLynn That's great :) I am scared to take it.
  • @Heather3rdgirl Don't be scared...the least that will happen is your colon will be super clean lol...and the most...you'll have your baby in your arms <3 If you do it please let me know what happens! I'm curious if it will work for me lol
  • @CristinaLynn Well if you try it tomorrow you will have to make sure to tag me and let me know. :)
  • I tried it and it didn't make me start labor....nor contract...NOR give me diarrhea which is what it is supposed to do! I had I think 3 oz with hot tea. Good luck, but no success story here. :)
  • I tryed it 2 different times in this last pregnancy... didn't work the first time, the second time I sat on the potty for hours! It was bad!... I will NEVER do that again!
  • Doesnt work. Makes you have bad painful,firery shits...
  • LMAO oh wow. My cousin said she wasn't dilated at all nor having contractions and she was only 36 weeks and put her right into labor that night. Had baby next day & she was good and healthy. IMO way to early to be trying to induce yourself but to each their own. She got lucky. I'm way to scared to try it after reading all this. Lol