LAYING ON STOMACH ****

when should you stop sleeping on your stomach ???

Comments

• When it becomes uncomfortable for you. I stopped around 16 weeks because I started to feel some pressure
  • @buebug3 o ok thanks !!!
  • I still sleep on my stomach, and I'm 25 wks
  • @sgthalesbabies o wow n from ur pic :) u have a belly Aww so I guess it just depends. I'm just so nervous about everything !!! Lol
  • @hope2bAmom29 Me too! It took me 4 years to convieve this kid and I don't want anything to happen to him. Yeah, some people say my bump is huge for how far along I am (I'm like what finishing school did you go to that taught you to say that to a pregnant women) and others say I'm barely showing. My doc and nurse said that you can lay on there until it's uncomfortable for you. It's more you back they're worried about and that's not till your further along. You have a major atery that runs through there called your vena cavea that when baby is big enough, he/she will press on it. It is one of the parts of your body that controls heart rate, that's why it's such a big deal. But they said even then, if you can't get comfortable on your side, use a pillow under your back where you're more at an angle than flat on your back. How far along are you?
  • @sgthalesbabies I'm only 6w 1d :) ..so they say don't sleep on your bck ?? O wow that's the first I have heard that but I don't have to worry til I'm further along !! I think your belly is cute n I can't wait to get one ...your rite did u slap them when they said that :) lol j/k . And its your left side u should sleep on rite ?? I'm so nervous cause one of my ftube does not work n I was told I can conceive but its gonna be twice as hard for me to so its amazing that I'm 6w n I want to do everything rite so I don't lose this miracle child !!! Thank u so much for all the info n if u have more please share it helps a lot
  • Congrates to you as well !!! :) I wanna a boy to !!!
  • @hope2bAmom29 they said your left side is best because it provides the most flow of oxygen to the baby. And don't worry, I'm not just pulling this out of my @$$, lol. I am a paramedic and when we go through scenarios (haven't had it happen in real life yet) and we have a pregnant women complaining of dizziness, that's the first thing we do is roll them up on their left side. But that doesn't mean that is the ONLY position you can sleep or lie in. When you're sleeping, it's whatever is comfortable to you. Right now of the maybe 4 hrs I actually sleep a night (the belly is a great thing, but gets in the way!) i prob spend 1/3
  • I knew from about 9 wks that it was a boy. Just intuition I guess. This pregnancy has been killer on my body and I figured that it had to be a man to put me through all that, lol. But I got what I wanted so I'm happy! Congrats to you too. My son's godmother had to have one of her ovaries and tubes removed at 15 and they took the other set in her early 20s. So our little dude has two mommies, lol!
  • @sgthalesbabies o wow I'm in the medical field n was gonna get started in nursing school but I'm gonna wait now :) its a great field n will never be out of work ..ok so left side is better got it :) I always slept on my rite side n it still feels more comfortable on the rite but I don't want to hurt baby :) I wouldn't think u could still sleep on your belly once it starts showing ..but I guess u prove that u can :) do u know anything about finding a Dr threw health dept ?? I lost my insurance when I moved n I hate the thought about going that route but can't keep my insurance any longer ?? I'm just nervous about where to start ;) thank u so much again for the info ..
  • @sgthalesbabies ...ya men seem to do that to us lol ... o wow sorry to hear that but that's awesome two mommies is great to have .... I've know for forever that I wanted a boy but I'm just hoping n praying for healthy I will be happy with anything ...
  • edited March 2011
    @hope2bAmom29 As far as the whole Dr thing goes, I'm not really sure. My husband is Army, so we have pretty decent medical insurance (can't complain too much about something you don't pay for). My sister on the other hand had all three of her babies without health insurance? Have you applied for medicaid and WIC yet? I know she had medicaid when she was pregnant and it covered everything. She used the same doc all three times and he was an amazing OB. Before getting married and moving out of state, I even used him for my GYN (wasn't preggo at the time!).That was all in Georgia though, and it's been 2 years since her last little one so things might be different depending on the state you're in and also with Obama in the White House now, who knows what kind of screwed up regualtions there are. I am on WIC (Women Infants and Children), and I know for those who need it they can help you find medical help. WIC is a supplementary program to help you get the healthy foods you and baby need and after baby is born they will help with formula as well. We get 4.75 gallons of milk, cheese, cereal, beans, bread and some other staples each month. It is nice to get a little break on the grocery bill, lol. I would say start with your health dept or Dept of Family and Children services to get more info on both programs.
  • @sgthalesbabies o wow ok sounds good that makes me feel alot better about it ...ill apply for Medicaid n wic ...n ill start at health dept first :) thank you !!! I just moved to Alabama from fl where I was born n raised so I'm just alittle
  • Lost here but ill figure it out :)
  • What part of Fl are you from? And what part of Alabama did ya move too? My hubby's from Lakeland/Bartow and I was born in Tampa
  • @sgthalesbabies o wow I'm from Melbourne beach ...I lived in Orlando !!! I miss it there but I like it here we are in laceys spring which is about 15 min from huntsville but we just moved from Arab . Where do u live now ???
  • In Kentucky. We moved to Ga when I was 12 and I moved up here in 2006 when I got married.
  • @sgthalesbabies ...Kentucky is so pretty !! I have a friend in south ga ..well I took another test about 30min ago another neg :( I'm so bummed n just not sure what to do I'm gonna test in the am n see if that changes anything wish me luck !!!
  • It could just be your hcg level was to low. Test first thing in the morning. Good luck and lots of baby dust your way.
  • I slept on my stomach up til 29 weeks
  • @sgthalesbabies I'm hoping so ...my man leaves at 530 am so I'm gonna do it then . Thanks for the baby dust . @mommyof3boys that's good to know thanks
  • I wish u could tell if u have high or low hcg before u conceive ughhh ....think positive think positive think positive !!!! Til the am thanks ladies
  • @sgthalesbabies no baby :( :( :( its been a hard day !!! They have no idea what's going on with me they referred me to a gyno... so until then baby makin in full force !!! Thanks so much for asking !!!