Does it really matter which detergent you use for baby?

edited May 2012 in Pregnant
I baught the Dreft Detergent made specially for babies. Just wanna know the big difference in why we should use Dreft baby detergent instead of regular detergent..

Comments

• Oh thanks, the only that they sell around here that I could find was called Dreft. ;;) makes alot of sense though..
  • @AishaMusa I asked someone the same thing. They said the free and clear will be just as good for baby's sensitive skin but as far as really gettin the clothes stain free nothing compares to Dreft so I will be using that. You can save money buying other brands that maybe perfume and dye free but if they don't do a good job actually gettin the clothes clean (and we know babies make messes :)) ) then it's a waste of money. I was sure going to try tide free and clear or all free and clear but when my co-worker was telling me how nothing got tough stains out like Dreft, I was sold. lol
  • edited May 2012
    @AngelMaxwellsMama Well this is my first baby so I have no idea about anything when it comes to having babies and properly taking care of them, rather then what im used to. I've seen my sister in law's take care of there babies so I have some idea but not much at all.. ;;)

Well two of my sister in laws. :-D
  • My babies wear Gain washed clothes, never had a problem. Lol but if I switch it up my son's eczema goes nuts.
  • i use regular tide and she does fine
  • I use the babies r us brand detergent. It's a lot cheaper and still has that baby smell :)
  • :) @starrxoxo9 That baby smell lol, ahh the days before puberty and BO hits lol!!!
  • I use ALL free and clear. It's just regular detergent and I wash all of our clothes wotj it.
  • I use ALL for babies. it smells good and works great. I couldnt stand the smell of dreft after using it so many times
  • I use regular ol laundry soap for both of my kids. However, my family has no history of skin problems or allergies. If there's a higher risk for it, I would use a sensitive soap. I don't recommend draft though, it is ridiculously overpriced and you can get the same thing for much cheaper!
  • I have to use tide free and clear with both my Lo's. I started with dreft but they both have sensitive skin so ended up using free and clear with both, and now I just use it for all the laundry and add scented fabric softner to hubbys and my wash!
  • You can also get dreft stain remover. Its like a spray to get out tough stains. it works wonders :) thought id share
  • Thanks ladies!!
  • We use tide free and clear for my lo clothes. We use tide so it made sense to buy the free and clear esp when dreft is so expensive
  • I use All Free and Clear. Any thing free of dyes and perfumes is safe. No need to.spend the extra money on Dreft
  • I use the just the cold water tide which is what Ive always used with all of my clothes and havent had any issues
  • Dreft has fragrance in it ! A lot of things in laundry detergent can irritate your babies skin the fragrance and dyes..... I personally usd all free and clear but I have 3 kids including baby Maximo with eczema so I do fragrance free dye free everything!!!! But with one Bella she has no skin issues and I could use whatever detergent I want. But with the children all being in contact together and pillows and blankets I just do free n clear everything to avoid any problems.
  • All Free & Clear. much cheaper, and you'll be doing laundry a lot!
  • Also purer makes baby soap. Its called purer baby. Go figure.
  • My son is 14months and i still use Dreft if I don't he breaks out I started using it bc he broke out with gain when he was only a few days old I had to re wash everything
  • @SalasMommy wow that's a pain in the a$$

Thanks momma's :)