Mother's Day

What r u all getting ur mothers n doing for mother's day? it will be my first mother's day n i'm excited! Unfortunatley I have to work but the Mon after mother's day my grandmother, mom, kay n I will be taking pics n Im getting my mom a new phone bc she has a raggey flip phone. Idk what im getting my grandma yet tho. How about u all?

Comments

• I am making my mom a quilt. It's my first big project with the sewing machine she bought me for Christmas. My husband is putting together a mothers day dinner for my mom and I so we won't have to cook or clean that day!
  • Well it's the day after my bday so basically the whole weekend is mine lol. But we aren't doing anything and unfortunately I don't have my mom living on earth anymore:( but I'm just going to hang with the kids
  • Sending her a card Haha she is back hone in az so I won't get to down it with her. Knowing my husband we won't do anything and ill cook dinner
  • edited May 2012
    Double post
  • @proudmomma aw I'm sorry to hear that
    @navybabyonway aw no fun....hubby needs to get it together lol
  • Just gonna send our moms cards.... As for me, I highly doubt my husband will do anything! He may mutter happy mothers day.... I'll be lucky if I even get that.
  • I am working so the kids will have to take care of it all. Plus am sure I would just screw up another day if I was home. But did pay for her to get hair cut and coloured plus facial and eyebrows waxed like she wanted so yeah.
  • @dadof2n1togo That's very thoughtful and sweet of you. I'm sure she'll like that. :-D
  • @AishaMusa She had it done yesterday since I will be working all next weekend. Looks good but I'm not saying anything or I will get in trouble some how lol.
  • @aishamusa I agree with u @dadof2n1togo u dont sound like a screw up to me :)
    @smcox oh man....these guys need to do better for mothers day. I'm sure u go all out for him on fathers day...dont u?
  • @dadof2n1togo That would be odd most women would like it if their men told them how good they looked occasionally..
  • specially after having kids! :)
  • @AishaMusa yeah but lately if I say anything it seems to be me putting my foot in it lol.
  • Send Mom a double duty card. She just had her 2nd back surgery (totally unrelated to the first necessary one). She is a huge DIYer && while it used to work, she's in her 40s now. She fell off a ladder while cutting down branches, thank God she's alive though.

I think I'm getting eddible arrangements, I hinted a lot :)
  • Makenzie and I are going to Florida for the weekend of Mothers Day. Our entire family is going for my grandmas 80th birday its a surprise. But I don't know what im getting my mom yet
  • @mallory27 that should be nice. What part of fl?
    @caroline8_p oh wow...im glad she's ok. N I love eddible arrangements. I got it for my mom when I was prego n sadly to say I hate most of it lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My dad and I are taking my mom out for lunch but it's my first mothers day and I'm sure I won't get a happy mothers day either. He still can't remember what day it is has asked me like 3 times but only when other people being it up. But I will still try to enjoy the day with my daughter if he doesn't do anything for me. I'll just go to church like usual, do the lunch for my mom, and then maybe go to the park with my lol or relax by the pool :).
  • I don't think my hubby even knows when mothers day is! He's horrible at remember holidays or any birthday. I'm not going to tell him either. I think I'll just ask him on Sunday night if he called his mother to day happy mothers day, maybe he'll feel like an ass
  • Well It looks like mother's day will be good. A friend and her family are coming over for dinner:)
  • I was wrong, hubby is taking me and the kids out to eat at my favorite restaurant :) and he knew when it was...I must say he is like wine.. Gets better with age!
  • edited May 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm a stay at home mom so we're probably doing crafts for my mom. I prefer craft gifts from my kids too.

I'm in the middle of moving so I'm not sure how much were gonna do tho.
  • @ynvtish craft gifts are the best! I am making a quilt for my mom, and I am letting my 8 month old finger paint a pic for her!
  • @Ashley_Smashley .. awww what a great idea! How are you doing it? Details! I love new craft ideas.
  • @Mom2ING ... wow! I cant imagine going through life without my Mom! Wow girl! The things we take for granted :-(

Does Mothers Day bother you? Do you see your mom now that you're older? Do you know who she is?... WOW!
  • @ynvtish I assume you are asking about the finger painting. We are just going to strip him down to a diaper in the garage and put a old sheet down and his paper then let him go to town. I am sure he wil be covered in paint lol but thats part of the fun! Then we will frame his art with a pic of him doing it.
  • edited May 2012
    @mom2ing ... Oh wow! .. speechless!

What happened when you ran into her at Walmart? How did you know it was her?
  • Im not expecting much since we're moving this weekend & spending all of our money on that. I do hope to atleast get a card & hear "happy mothers day" though. I have no clue what we're getting our moms though.
  • Just found out my husband is going golfing so it'll just be me and Juliana