party recipes?

edited May 2012 in Just for Fun
Can anyone help me with some cheap easy recipes to put out at a party? I'm not much of a cook, so I need something simple. And I would prefer something that doesn't need to remain refrigerated or remain hot. I'm also looking for a fun alcoholic punch....preferably turning out a pink or purple color since its a sex toy party for girls and I want everything to be fun and girly! ;;)

Comments

• Hmmm I make this caramel apple dip, (just toss your apple slices in some lemon juice to keep them from browning)
    http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/caramel-apple-dip-4/

And this is always a hit for me
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/grilled-corn-and-black-bean-salsa-recipe/index.html

Once this is heated up, its perfectly find to leave out. My hubby loves it cold
    http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/03/pizza-dip.html

And this caramelized onion dip is TO DIE FOR! lol
    http://thecuttingedgeofordinary.blogspot.com/2009/07/maui-onion-dip.html
  • I have a awesome pink drink!! 6pk of beer 1 can of frozen pink lemonade and vodka! Mix your beer and frozen lemonade And then fill the lemonade container with vodka and stir it together! I have a easy crab dip recipe too if you want it!!
  • lol I have more if you are interested...
  • @ashley_smashley thank you! I will for sure be making the caramel dip! And that pizza dip sounds amazing as well!
  • Those key lime bars sound tooo damn delicious! Screw the party, I'll be making those for me!

@bertrang14 do you think there's any way to make the drink recipe with out beer? I'm allergic to yeast which means no beer for me =[
  • lol they are super good! I love entertaining, so I have a library full of fun apps!
  • Oh I'm, not sure, you could always just do vodka and lemonade! I think I have another one written down too! I'll look quick!
  • @ashley_smashley like I said I'm not much of a cook.....so what the Hell is lime curd? Lol the recipe sounded easy til I got to that. This is the first party that I'll be throwing by myself since I got my own house.. I'm nervous lol. I want everything perfect and don't even know where to start!
  • lol dont be intimidated by the lime curd. Its just basically thickened lime juice. They actually sell it premade in the grocery. In the section where the pie making stuff is. I have also found it premade in the section of the grocery where the canning supplies are.
  • @bertrang14 I never even thought of mixing w lemonade. The idea alone gives lots of options! I'm a bartender and a lot of people mix blue wave vodka with lemonade....I'm sure the rest of the flavored vodka would mix well with lemonade too! I'll have to go look for a strawberry or something with a pretty color! Great idea! Thanks!
  • There is also a recipe for the lime curd at the bottom of that recipe....
  • @ashley_smashley thanks lol...I was thinking it was ground up lime peel or something
  • edited May 2012
    Its made with eggs..so its like a custard consistency.
  • @mom2ing I was thinking about making a nice big penis cake for dessert lol. Never thought about sugar cookies...hmmm now to decide between the two...
  • sugar cookies would be more fun..lol they can all eat their own penis...haha
  • Haha! I wonder if I can find molds for them around here! What do ya think....chocolate sprinkles to make hairy balls? Yummmm Haha!
  • I bet they would have a mould in the bachelorette section of a sex store!
  • That would be good if we had sex stores around here lol! Closest one is about an hour away and is an " adult bookstore". I live in a boring sheltered little town haha
  • You could always mix up a big thing of Alabama slammers! But it might get kind of spendy buying all the booze lol
  • @mom2ing that sounds like so much fun! Do you know what website you got it from?

@bertrang14 lol yeah Thats getting a little pricey Haha. I think I'm going with something and lemonade
  • edited May 2012
    My taco dip is always a big hit and you can leave it out for a while.

4 bricks cream cheese
    2 packets taco seasoning
    2 bags shredded cheese (I always buy the Mexican blend)
    1 lb ground beef
    2 jars of salsa
    1 head of lettuce, shredded (you will only use about 1/2)
    2 bags of tortilla chips

Brown the ground beef, drain and put to the side. Soften the cream cheese in a large microwaveable bowl. Soft enough to stir easily, but don't let it get too liquidy. Stir in taco seasoning to the cream cheese. Mix well. In a large pan (9x13 or a little smaller) layer cream cheese mixture, then beef, then salsa, then cheese, then lettuce. I always sprinkle a little cheese over the lettuce to make it pretty :) Refrigerate until 1/2 hr before party starts so it has time to soften a bit. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!

(This makes a lot of dip, so you can always cut the recipe in half for a smaller party)
  • @mom2ing its delicious!! And super easy!
  • Now I'm torn between taco and pizza dip! And the party will be too small for two dips
  • Why not do nachos & the pizza dip? Or pizza and the taco dip? Lol
  • I don't know if you have it where you live but here for parties we have trail bologna and cheese trays Swiss cheese,colby cheese ,trail bologna , banana peppers , and ritz crackers. You can also do deer trail . Might be an Ohio thing though.....
  • Oh yea and wasabi peas to much on go great with drinking!
  • Oh yea and whiskey slush is awesome !!!! You can use a pink strawberry soda to mix with !
  • what do you do at a sex toy party? like talk about sex toys? lol sorry this is new to me. btw if you have a store called spencers or go to sprncersonline.com they have a WHOLE bunch of penis shaped things & like big penis shaped lollipops lol

btw you can make tiny cheese cake cups :) sooo easy.

http://www.handletheheat.com/2010/02/cookies-cream-cheesecake-cupcakes.html

& some starbucks cupcakes :)
    Idk how to make them though i'd just improvise and use things i think.. maybe @ashley_smashley has a good idea :)

Photobucket