3D ultrasound

edited March 2011 in September 2011
I'm due September 25, 11w2d, I was wondering if anyone has had a 3D ultrasound and if so, when is the best time to have it done? September feels forever away!

Comments

• Best time is around 16wks. For gender. Then after 27 wks if u really want to see wat the baby looks like. I got one at 16wks n it was gorgeous i could still see some features on my babygirl. U must drink a lot of water throughout the pregnancy, the say it'll look more clearer
  • Thanks so much:) can't wait.
  • Np good luck
  • we're having our 3D scan done when I'm at 28 weeks. They say to have it done between 26 to 30 weeks. Having one before 26 weeks, the doctor says theres too much water around the baby. After 30 weeks the baby could be too smooched.
  • My cousinhad one and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I definitely want one. I pretty sure my insurance doesnt cover it. Are they expensive?
  • Usually insurance doesn't cover it. Its totally out of pocket. Mine is going to cost $125
  • Oh ok. Thats not bad at all. I was expecting it to be somewhere around $300. Definitely worth a little over $100.
  • My doctor ordered us one for next week so insurance will cover it if you have a doctors order, you could have your doctor write the order, then it will go through insurance and they will bill you if they feel like it wasn't necessary. :) I will be exactly 28 weeks when I get mine. I had one at a private place at 24 weeks and it was good, but baby still looked scary and you couldn't see the features very well.
  • I paid 65 for mine. I guess it depends on where u livr.
  • I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday and Ama get the 3d in 2-3 weeks so I can find out the gender cuz i won't get another ultrasound until am 19 weeks at my doctors and am not patient to wait I just wanna know already