Any CPS Social Workers n the house, i needed advice

I have a couple questions and need advice

Comments

• I'm not a social worker, but I used to take calls after hours for CPS so maybe I can at least try to help? :/ Are your questions in regards to a child?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think it was @mz_kitty90.... I think I remember her posting something like that a few months ago....
  • i am a cpsw but in the uk dont know how different things r between here and there?
  • My 14 y/o daughter is a ward of the court here in San Diego CA but she lives with her paternal aunt in orange county CA, we are in a reunification plan. My daughter is way out of control and her aunt tries to giver her boundaries but my daughter refuses she comes home when ever she wants and does as she pleases. Over requested her transfer back to SD but my social worker refuses and just blames me for her behavior,i feel my daughter is worse and being out there is not helping us out at all, i have completed all the services requested by the country but Idk what else to do. Yesterday she called me to tell me she was running away ave we called the police the on call SW and everyone just blower us off.what can i do?
  • That's crappy your sw shouldn't have done that! I'm sorry I'm not much help. My step mom is one. Thought I could help but i was wrong. Here is a bump
  • has your daughter stated what she wants? here in the uk we have different teams within social services and if things were not working out we would look into movin ur daughter! what about her aunt has she contacted ur sociao worker and said how she feels? all i can suggest not knowing all the facts would be to find out what ur daughter wants and is hoping to achieve by acting up! also to speak with the aunt if ur on speaking terms and get her opinion on how things r going! if u r all on to the social worker then they will have to do something!
    when u say she comea home when she wants u mean she goes out of the home she lives in and doesnt return when she is meant to? each time she needs to be punished or the aunt should call the police! they will soon get annoyed and get something done about moving her!!
  • The SW just ignores all of our request, my daughter states she wants to come home, the aunt and I have a great relationship, she requested my daughter be removed from the home but no one is giving a rats a$$ the county does nothing. When she was first removed it took them 16 weeks to contact me, i had to call supervisor after superuser and nothing. Now they ignore calls and if i start to speakup they take my visits away and everything. It was a one time incident,i have no criminal record,i have complied with all they ask, i work full time and i have 4 others kids in my care. I'm just so frustrated and they just don't care, imma call the country supervisor and get more answers,i even requested a here SW and nothing. Sometimes it will take them months to call me, oh and my daughters aunt said she fears for my daughters safety. and they to take her out of the home. @denois