pain

edited June 2012 in Health
I have this pain just above my belly button but on the right side of my stomache. But its also going straight through to my back. Same spot. Any ideas on what it could be. I swear I could cry. I'm always in some kind of pain.

Comments

• Appendix? :-S Not sure!
  • That is a sign of appendicitis.
  • edited June 2012
    I thought the apendix was on the other side and lower.
    @fate @luvmy5
  • With appendicitis, you will have rebound pain on your right side. This means that it doesn't hurt too bad when you press down, but when you let go it is excruciating. I had my appendix out and the pain was excruciating on my lower right side. If the pain is going into your back, you could likely have a kidney stone, UTI or kidney infection. Only way to know is to go to the doc for some tests. Feel better!
  • Thank you @captivated I don't see a dr for 2 weeks.
  • Well, if it is excruciating, you definitely need to go to the ER.
  • It hurts but its tolorable.
  • Oh okay. Well I hope it gets better soon!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had appendicitis in October. Definitely on the right side. I did not have the rebound pain, just constant, unbearable pain. The appendix is an end. There is no way for it to fix itself. The blockage (if any) cannot clear. If it bursts, it is life-threatening. You should get checked. With kidney problems, if left untreated, it can permanently damage your kidney(s). I had a simple case of eColi in 2006, my right kidney is damaged severely from it. It could also be a simple cyst on your ovary.
  • @homebirthadvocate I had my gullblader removed in 2008. And that area is also been hurtin. But not like before the surgery.
    @fate beings I live in shelter and have no money for co pay at my regular dr I have to wait 2 weeks. Unless I go to er. But the pain isn't always bad.
  • I had an appendectomy in February. My pain started on the upper right side and eventually moved down. I went nearly 24 hours and finally went it, it was horrible. The worst part was how sick it made me. I couldn't keep ANYTHING down, even the little wet mouth sponges made me heave. Omg it was awful. I didn't have a lot of rebound pain either. My biggest thing was no matter how I laid or sat, it never felt better. Just trust your gut and if the pain isn't better by tomorrow morning, take yourself to the er. I had mine taken out at IMC and they were amazing! Plus, I was up in the tower and the view was spectacular LOL.
  • The rebound tenderness is a test the doctor uses, lol. If it is appendicitis, you will be in pain either way. The pain is intensified upon release of the pressure.
  • @lilsugarsmomma that's where I go every time I go to hospital lol. But I'm thinking its not apendix cuz its not super painful and I'm not sick. I don't feel like I have a fever. I've had headaches everyday but that's nothing abnormal. I have pain just above my belly button but on the right side and there's pain in my back right were the front pain in. Its just anoying to mildly unconfortable. I also am having anoying cramp like pain. And occational pain up by my ribs (where I had my gullbladder removed). Lets just say its easier to say what doesn't hurt. Lol.