glad she is being tried as an adult

Berks teen to be tried as adult in drowning death of newborn boy http://lsnlw.com/t/886839850/

This makes me so mad that this girl just couldn't take the baby to a hospital or police station. Instead of doing what she did. Poor baby:'(

Comments

• Good! Though I do think she should have a psych eval to rule out postpartum psychosis.
  • Omg man like I know your scared but im pretty sure if u tell ur parents that u don't want to keep the baby they would let u give it up! She had that baby and he was ok. That was a miracle. Why would she kill him seriously. I got pregs at 16 n told my mom when I turned 17 like 3 Weeks after my birthday. Why would she do that??? Not even in a panic would I do that. Well now she is going to hopefully rot in jail like she wanted that baby to rot in the trash can.
    Sry preglys things like this make me lose hope in man kind. Or moms in that matter.
  • Sick people
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So wrong.
  • @armanhismommy I agree! Seems like now a days parents are to wrapped up in their own thing! SMH

If my child came to me and wanted to give up their baby for adoption I would take it and raise it myself. And wouldn't have any hard feelings about it. Once they are pregnant there's no reason to be mad, what's done is done. I am glad she is being tried as an adult! There's no reason for what she did! There is ALWAYS someone who is willing to help!
  • Maybe it is the wannabe psych nurse in me (love, love psych and have applied to work at the state hospital here) , but I really, really believe that there is a good chance she was suffering from some form of psychosis at the time.

When I was at the state hospital, I did my externship on the forensic unit (people who claim not guilty by insanity). We had a mother that had severe PPD with psychosis and murdered her three children. Very sad. For the ones that are truly suffering from mental disorder, it should truly be recognized.

I feel an immense amount of pity for this teenager.
  • I think there should be a mass of billboards And ads all over America reminding people that they can do the GOOD/BETTER alternative.
  • @captivated I think the same way as you. Maybe because I had severe ppd.
  • This is so horrible. But at 16 some people are still extremely immature and just don't know how to cope with situations like these. Maybe her parents put the fear of god into her and she felt like she couldn't open up to them. It's just tragic all around. One life lost, one ruined.
  • If she was suffering from a mental problem she still needs to be punished. It takes a truely sick person to kill a helpless animal let alone her baby. I am sorry but I believe that she us a danger and should be licked away. I do not have a lot of pity for these people because depressed or not she watched her baby drown at her hand.

The parents should not get off scott free either. Maybe it will teach a lot of people a lesson if they face charges to.
  • Clearly her family didn't make her feel great if she couldn't tell them she was pregnant.
    But still no excuse for doing what she did. It's sick. X
  • Exactly but parents are responible until 18. For her to have a baby and the parents not know the least they should get hit for neglet.
    And there is help everywhere these days kids. A trusted teacher or a friends mother hell any hospital. Most kids are going to b afraid to tell their parents they r or got someone pregnant, but so afraid they would commit murder is fing crazy.
  • I think her parents should be charged with neglect as well...this is sick!!
  • @candy101 you can't imagine what ppd feels like. If this girl had it my sympathy to her. I cry every time I hear a story like this.
  • I think there's got to be some kind of mental issue here...its an absolute tragedy. Does it mean you doesn't need consequences for her actions? No. She needs to be held accountable. But I think there's a huge chance that she needs help rather than punishment.
  • Sounds like a ppd of some sort to me. But thats jmo. I cant see someone killing a child without being mentally diseased in some way. Well thats what I hope anyway....
  • @natashalynn, I agree. She needs help. Jails don't offer mental and therapeutic help, not good ones at least. Mentally diseased individuals suffer and do not receive the proper health. She needs institutionalization.
  • @ArmahnisMommy Completely agree, I hate that so much too much selfishness and hate going around.
  • @captivated exactly! I can understand peoples rage, and wanting justice. But unfortunatley, its not that black and white. There's so much of the story we don't know, we can't say throw her in jail and be done with her. That's not just. My sister has struggled with mental illness to the extreme, so I know the crazy shit mental disorders can make people do.
  • There is an awesome movie that I watched in Psych class. It was about a man with schizophrenia. It was called a Beautiful Mind. He almost drowned his one year old baby in the bathtub. It was a heart wrenching movie. So many people are ignorant about mental disease. Not that she has schizophrenia, just an example of what these diseases and disorders can do to a GOOD person.
  • I agree tho with the whole how did the parents not know. I mean I pay attention to what my kids are doing. I can tell if something isn't right. Its just sad that a poor innocent baby had to suffer.
  • It is possible to hide it for that long. When I was going through my divorce and custody battle, I did not want the ex to know I was pregnant. Or the judge. I hid it COMPLETELY at all our court dates...even the one two weeks before I gave birth and being 36 weeks.
  • Thank you everyone for being so open minded.everyone knows someone with mental illness... They suffer...
  • Wow. What. The. Fuck. Damn...all dumbasses should be forcibly sterilized to prevent innocent deaths
  • I dont think you can get ppd that fast. It was minutes after she had the baby. How horrible!!
  • I hadppd when I was pregnant but had no idea what it was
  • Sorry if i'm being defensive it just his close to home for me
  • PPD is not the same as postpartum psychosis. And it is VERY possible for you to become psychotic at any point. That is IF it was the case. Ihave no way of knowing that.