pee cramps?

edited March 2011 in First Trimester
Im about 6 weeks pregnant and Im having cramps. They usually happen when I have to pee. Is it normal/common?

Comments

• Does your stomach cramp before you go to the bathroom? Does it burn when you pee? @thankful828
  • yes its like if I wait too long to go I get aweful cramping. But no burning.
  • That's all it is. you wait to long to go and it hurts worse. Could be a uti. Just talk to ur doc
  • uti would burn. Its not a uti. The cramps feel like period cramps. If it was stomach cramps.i.wouldnt be as.worried.
  • I get them throughout my pregnancy but more now that I'm 36 weeks I think its round ligament pain and it stretches as the baby gets bigger, if it doesn't go away or gets worse you can call your doc to make sure
  • Im going to set up.an appointment tomorrow to talk to my doc. Thanks everyone.
  • Period cramps are normal I'm 7 weeks 4 days and I feel like my period is coming everyday as long as theres no heavy bleeding everything should be fine :)
  • Cramps are the ligaments stretching. When your bladder is full its putting presser on your uterus and thus stretching the ligaments. Cramps are normal throughout pregnancy my dr told me.
  • I am 5 weeks have a bladder infection same symptoms and wee wasn't burning either just had cramps go get checked out as they told me if i didn't go get treated i could have lost my baby
  • It could still be an uti.. I've had 4 so far and im 13wks 4days.. on my third one I didn't cramp and it didn't burn either. I didn't know I had one until the dr's office called me and put me on more antibiotics.
  • Well im hoping its nothing serious. thanks again everyone :)
  • yes, if I wait too long to pee I have some kind of bladder cramps and it cramps after I pee for a bit. my OB does a urine culture at every OB visit, so far no UTI.
  • Trust me when I say a uti does not have to burn. I get them waaay to often (told its a ph issue) and they don't have to burn at all. Sometimes it feels like cramps, other times it just feels like pressure. My last one, last month, got so bad b4 I even knew I had it, that I was almost sceptic by the time I finally went to the Dr.
  • I was having some strange cramping the last three days. Not the usual discomfort I associate with my growing pains. So I called my midwives, spoke to a nurse, and she wanted me to ahead and come in. They explained that at my 10 week pap it was normal, bit that it said I may have had a vaginal infection. But they don't treat it unless you're having symptoms. And my cramps were a sumptom. So they gave me a prescription and told me to rest for the rest of the day. Not a big deal unless it goes untreated.
  • I have them too. It's like strong cramping right when I'm about to finish. My doc said that she does not know y n told me to talk tylenol.
  • ** I meant take**