Tubes in Ears!!!!

edited June 2012 in Babies Health
I don't post much, but I figured i would share and see what yall's opinion on them were. My babyboy will be 7 months on the 29th, he has had 5 or 6 ear infections already! It makes me sad thinking that I'm doing something wrong. The dr. said that his ears just aren't draining right. But i still wonder if there is something that i could have done to prevent them. When we went to the doc on monday they put him on more antibiotics for 30 days! He just got off of a 10 day antibiotic. I try to take good care of my boys and this is the only thing that he has been sick with since he has been born. As of today he has an appointment with the ear doc in a month, and after that appointment they will make a day to put the tubes in. My first son had tubes put in when he was a year old and they helped so much! I'm glad that he is getting them, but he just seems so young lol. Anyone else's little ones had tubes in this early?

Comments

• No, the doc cleaned his ears the last time that he went.
  • @Bmccaskill He wont remember them my cousin had tubes in her ears at 8 months old and it helped her out alot :)
  • Does he ever lay on his back to drink a bottle? That can cause fluid in the eustatian (sp?) tubes & cause an infection. Also if anyone smokes in the home. But, more than likely it's just his eustatian tubes aren't fully developed yet. My 8mo has a tear duct that didn't fully develop & his eye waters all the time. If it's not better by 1yo he has to have a tube put in it. :(
  • No one smokes in the house and he never lays flat and drinks a bottle, I'm not too worried about the tubes, I just don't want them to put my baby to sleep!!! That's the worst part for me
  • Its very scary to have ur little baby put under for the tubes to b placed but may save his hearing. My neice has lost hearing from having constant ear infections. Shes 3 and has ear infections her whole life. They just recently put the tubes in.
  • It took me five years to convice them to do tubes for my son. We change several different pedi anyways finally got sent to ent. We were only in is office for like 10 min. and he wanted to know when we wanted to do surgery. I was crying as they wheeled my baby away he was five at the time and waving bye to me and happy as could be. Anyways best thing that we ever did cause we were luck tubes stayed in for 3 yrs which is rare they ussualy fall out. one fell out on its own the other we had to get removed. and he is fifteen this year and has not had an infection since he was five. just thouhgt i would share my experience with you
  • Thanks so much ladies!