what to pack

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
So with me going in at any time. What all should I pack. This is my first and I don't want to forget anything or not have a bag readi. Cuz I haven't packed anything. I just knw what i want the baby to home in.

Comments

• Take extra pj pants for yourself cause u will bleed. Baby wipes. The hospitals here have crappy ones. Passy if u want baby to have one. Cell phone charger. Baby socks and what ever u want pics made in
  • Yea our hospital use paper towels. Which is just ugh!!!!
  • camera ...big granny panties ... sport bras like two your boobs will be hurting .... socks although they give you some well my hospital did....
  • o and a robe
  • Yeah and shampoo n stuff. Tooth paste n brush
  • I liked having a blanket from home.
  • everyone keeps telling me to bring things to entertain myself for the few days i'll be in the hospital
  • U will be tired and entertained by baby nurses and friends and family. :)
  • Thanks ladies. I need these advice. cause my family telling me to pack all this stuff. I will have 2 oversized bags going in
    @CrumbledCookie my cell phne is my best friend so as long as I have that I'm good.
  • @CrumbledCookie if someone will be staying with you over night a dvd will be good to bring in case they can't sleep or get bored
  • Yea. I mite need that will be to excited to sleep and worried if my baby is okay in the nursery. Cause at my hospital as soon as you have the baby they take her away for 4 hrs to run there test and all that. #nail biting
  • Take you a bag with pads,pjs,house shoes,and a nice comfortable outfit to wear home.A bag for baby,outfit to come home in,shoes,a hat and etc...
  • All of your chargers for your phones and cameras, don't forget extra memory just in case. Hair ties, for unruly hair. An outfit for you to go home in, I liked staying in my hospital gown til it was time to leave since they have to keep checking your cervix and I did not want blood on my clothes. Toothbrush, face wash, etc. Comfy shoes, clothes for baby, extra money/change for food. Hmmm.. that's all I can think of.
  • Do hospitals let you use your own blanket for your baby? My sister made him one that I love and I really want to use it and for it to be in his first picture. ;;)
  • I was so unprepared for my 1st and I had no clue what to pack. This being #4 I'm now well rounded in the things I want and need.

My bag includes: a robe, 2 pair of socks, gym shoes (I can't wear them right now cuz my feet are swollen and have been wearing flop flops), tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo & conditioner and body wash (cuz I don't like the hospital brand), camera, camera charger, disposable camera (just in case), cell phone charger, hair brush, make up, lotion, a deck of cards, pictures of my older kids cuz I miss them like crazy, granny panties, big pads, an 2 pair of comfy pants and 2 shirts, hair clips, house slippers (or non skid socks) and a towel Genie (this is a must have if you have long hair. You use it to wrap your hair up after a shower and it has a little elastic band in the back so when you wrap your hair up you put the end thru the elastic and it holds your wet hair in place....the hospital towels are so small they don't work for my hair)

And for baby I have 2 outfits, a receiving blanket, a fleece blanket, a hat, booties, a pacifier, wipes, a few diapers, and a carseat....lol I know it looks like a lot but you really don't realize how much you want something until you don't have it.
  • @jojom idk about the blanket. But u can always take it just n case
  • A night gown or two for after you give birth. Underwear,a bra that allows for growth maybe-nursing bra, brush, deoderant, hair brush,hair ties, socks, slippers, toothbrush/paste. Baby outfit for pics, take home outfit. A blanket to throw over car seat if cold/raining. Outfit for u to come home in.