she stopped breathing!!

edited June 2012 in Babies
I have an angelcare monitor and last night the alarm went off! I quickly jumped out of bed and shook her a bit she woke up but no gasp... she just seemed mad I woke her. I took her to bed with me after that cuz she started crying. she's almost 9 months old. my question is what are the chances it was a false alarm? since there was no gasp when she woke...
scariest moment of my life though :(

Comments

• I have one too my son moved to where it couldnt feel him and went off one night i went in and turned it off to the regular baby moniter and havent switched it back yet, its been like 3 weeks since then lol shes fine im sure. @hetitsme
  • I'd say false alarm. Those things are notorious for it.
  • edited June 2012
    My daughter moves out of the detection range almost every night. She likes to cuddle up in the corner. When you went in and found her was she laying over where the monitor would be able to pick up or was she against the top or bottom of the crib? That's how you would know if it was a false alarm.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @second_time_mommy7 Im not sure, it was dark and I picked her up when she woke up... its hard to say. she does like to lay near the side but its never happened before. She also likes to lay face down though no matter how many times I turn her head :-|
  • If you turn the sensitivity all the way up and the pad is in the middle, it will pick them up even when they get in the corner.... Happened with my son. And before I bought mine I read about sometimes having false alarms, but I'd rather it be false alarm, than not going off when it's real.
  • edited June 2012
    I would say it was a false alarm. I have to move my daughter back to the middle of the bed before I go to sleep and hope she doesn't inch back to the corner before 6 am lol @firsttymemom I have my daughters on the highest sensitivity and it goes off any time she goes to the top or bottom and hers is always in the middle of the bed. That's weird yours is more sensitive. I agree I'd rather wake up all night with false alarms then it not go off if something really was wrong.
  • I think at 9 months the chance of her suffocating herself is pretty low. She's old enough to move around when she's uncomfortable.
  • @FirstTymemom I checked her monitor and its at the highest sensitivity. but one thing I forgot is that the sensor is on a piece of plywood that's just a bit bigger than it. because the mattress support is a spring not a flat board
  • Mine goes off all the time from where my lo moves. I've stopped worrying now and just drag her over a bit lol. It was scary as hell first few times xxx
  • Thanks @everyone sorry can't tag you all from my phone. @mama_Kat that is true too I will mention at her checkup on the 11th unless it happens again!
  • :'( That Would Scare Me. Gade She Is OK
  • I stopped turning my monitor on because of false alarms. Didn't matter where I put the stupid thing it was like he knew and moved to the opposite direction every night multiple times a night