How did you determine what your little ones name was going to be?

edited June 2012 in Just for Fun
We picked Scottie after his father and Sophia because we LOVE the older names <3

Comments

• We used family names.
    *Keegan Lanette (girlish form of his middle name Keeton, my first name and my moms middle name is Lanette)
    *Troy Alexander (both of his grandfathers name, Alexander is my maiden name)
  • Devin ; my last name(:
  • edited June 2012
    Alana Noelle.. Because I've always loved it since I was little. all my baby dolls were named that lol.
  • Rylan Charles ( rylan bc it's different and no one else had it here, and Charles is his daddys middle name and grandpas name)
  • Malia..

They way we met, everyone called me jm, short for just me. (We seriously met on a phone app exclusive to the palm pre & pixie). So we wanted a j or m name. Originally, before I was pregnant, we chose Melita.. but then it just didn't sound good anymore, so I revised it. Lol. Her middle name is Riley, after my last name. Sister & I decided that our children would all have the same middle name. Lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We chose to stay away from family names. My side is very heavily into that and it was something that we both didn't want any fighting or hurt feelings over so we chose not to name our lo's after anyone. (Knowingly anyway)

My husband chose the boys name and I chose the girls. We had a boy so our lo was named Isaac (not sure where hubby came up with it) and I helped pick the middle name. Misha. I chose Misha because hubby wanted to keep them both Hebrew and I really wanted Michael but he hates that name. So, Misha happens to be the pet name of Michael and Hebrew. another reason I chose Misha was after an actor I love. Misha Collins who plays Castiel on Supernatural (shhhh don't tell hubby he was very very adiment about our lo NOT being named after any character or actor from that show.... to bad he doesn't know Misha is one of them lol)
  • Lol @littlefae your secret is safe with me ;)
  • Lol @pregoagainYAY hahah thanks! :-D
  • Well Rubiya is one of his eldest sisters names and meaning knowledgeable and pure :X
  • I came up with Aubrey Because I wanted a Name that was different and uniqie and easy to pronouce so i went in to the 1850s cenus and found the Name Aubrey :)

Lynn her middle name for my moms midd;e name :)
  • @littlefae my lo is Sienna Rose, totally not hebrew, and i need a hebrew name for her. Im not big on the biblical stuff but would you have any suggestions?
  • @aubreysmommy i love the name aubrey. I would have picked that name, spelled it Aubree, but a girl im friends with named her daughter that a year earlier.
  • @Steph_Due_101611 did you have something in mind? Sienna Rose is beautiful was she your Sep baby? Or do you mean for another lo? I guess I'm a little confused on if you want a hebrew name for your current lo? I'm not a big fan of biblical names but my family is, and my husband is Jewish lol hense the hebrew name but we went through a lot of names.
  • We had Ryanne and Jordyn picked out and my 5 year old nephew looked at me and said " Mer Mer(thats what he calls me couldn't say my name) I thought the baby in your tummy wad a girl, those are boys names" it melted my heart and changed her name lol. After months of making lists and going over names Juliana was the only name on both of our lists every time.
  • @littlefae bd is jewish and his family wants to have some ceremony thing incase she chooses the jewish path when she's older. Her name will always be Sienna Rose, but when shes older and they ask her what her hebrew name is, this name i choose will be it. Its all a little confusing but im learning. I've found like an equivalent to her name. Shani Shoshana. Sienna and shani are both shades of red and Shoshana means rose. I like it but it doent have enough meaning i guess.
  • I found my daughters name in a baby book but it was spelled "brinley" my name is kayleigh Brynn so I just changed it to Brynlie. We gave her the middle name Faith because we had a mc after ttc for over a yr before we got pregnant with her and that we basically never lost faith that we would have a child one day With my son my husband had been wanting a western/country type name and Cory was the one he chose.
  • @Steph_Due_101611 aahhh ok I get it now. I love the name Shoshana. Keep looking at names and reading their meanings for the first name. I like what you have so far, but there is still time to change and switch them around. See if you can get your DH involved, make it a family thing so the name has extra special meaning. What we did was pretty much go through the alphabet. One reason we did like Isaac was because it meant "laughs a lot". And then hubby liked it for other reasons that I don't know.
    But yeah, I would take time to sit and really think about your daughter, what she means to you, what feelings come up when you think of her. And see if you can find a name that holds those meanings to you.
  • @littlefae bd likes it. We're not together though but i still do the things his family requests. I like it just because its similar to her actual name. Ive been up and down the alphabet. Im gonna maybe text it over with bds sister.
  • Anthony Robert- Anthony is my grandfather name and Robert is my husbands grandfathers name. But in all truth I always wanted the name Anthony but couldnt figure a middle name. My hubby said lets just do the grandpa's names and add Robert. So not 100% of the name Anthony was after my grandpa butIm not telling him that!! Lol...