Men dr. or women dr?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Which do u feel is better to have? I had a man dr but changed to a women I didnt connect with him.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In my experience a female dr worked better. I tried a male but he didn't really answer any of my questions and when I saw a female dr she answered all my questions in detail and told me about her own pregnancy :) I guess you just have to see who works best for you
  • I have a male doctor. He is all I've ever known. Seen him since I was 15 yrs old and now im 30. He's great!
  • I had a male doctor for my fist two he was the best but I might try a women I want to check a couple of doctors to see what one I connect with the best?
  • I think women are easier to talk to about woman problems n concerns so I have a woman besides the man I tried to go to denied me that f***er
  • My husban did not approve of a male dr which was fine with me I like a women better more understanding and less embarrasing
  • Most people I know say women but my dr is a man and he takes more time and goes into more detail than his midwife and nurse practioner in his office. I've had women drs in the past but never liked any of them. Its really just so you are most comfortable with. Im sure there are great drs of both genders. :)
  • I have a male doctor and like someone said above...he doesn't get into much detail but I can't speak for all doctors. Some ppl say that male doctors are more gentle n easy going than women..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Male doctors are nice not like the women doctors I have had were so mean like u can't even ask them anything without them being rude they expect u to know it all. I feel more comfortable asking male doctors questions bt just really uncomfortable them getting all up in my business. Also women docs can make u feel uncomfortable too like when I got a pap one lady was giving me attitude while she was getting in there! She was yelling at me saying well its not supposed to hurt & how do u have all this bruises in ur legs! Male or female...idk doesn't matter to me as long as I get one that doesn't act like they hate their job lol if that's possible.
  • Me and all the woman in my family prefer male doctors, as said above they are a lot more gentle and understanding (sympathetic), woman doctors that I've had have the "been there done that, get over it kind of attitude" makes you feel unimportant and like you're crying over spilt milk, so to speak
  • I have had both, and for me male drs is the only way to go. Female drs never took the time with me. My Dr stays in the room with me for like 45 min every time.:) Its just what your most comfortable with!:)
  • I have a male doctor and I'm very happy with him. I've also had female doctors and were happy with them as well.
  • I prefr a woman dctr cuz I dnt thnk I wuld b comfortble wit a man. Dea said men r mre gentle & caring then females but idk how true it iz. I been seeing da same female dctr snce 07 n I havn had a prblm yet.
  • Theirs nothing wrong wit a male ob/gyn but idk me myself I pefer a female doc... I mean she has the same body parts as me! Lol
  • The way I feel is that a woman dtr has experienced the majority of what ur going through. She knows what cramps feel like, being hormonal and birth. So from that point of view I prefer...but like said above there is nothing wrong with male he only knows how ur feeling based on what hes read and not by experience.
  • I have a woman ob but I'm switching to a man. First my ob keeps comparing herself me to, "oh I had that too, oh I wish my boods increased with the pill". Yes, the word boobs was used...all that creeped me out like she was trying to be a friend.. I want a doc. The last straw was when I found out she's pregnant too. So either she will be exausted with pregnany or preoccupied with a newborn during my pregnancy.
  • I was dead set on a female Dr. This is my first and I really wanted someone to know exactly what I was going through since my DH hasn't exactly been as sympathetic as I had hoped. So all the advice and understanding really really helps. :)
  • I rather a male doctor bc my previous female doctor had like 5 kids....so any time I would voice a concern she kinda treated me like I was just whining. Male doctors actually take time to "investigate".
  • @newmommy_navywife exactly! I've had both in the past and I've found the females are all about their kids (natural thing, I know) but when your appointment is canceled because of a sick child or no childcare well you can't help feeling pissed off.
  • I have a male doctor. He is great! I had him with my first son too. Very understanding and wants to know EVERYTHING going on in my pregnancy. My gf had a female who was a complete b**** and told her she can still do everything a non pregnant woman can do. She didn't understand the energy being pregnant takes out of a woman (this doc never had kids)
    So I guess it all depends on who your doctor is and how long they have been doing their job for :D
  • I have a male doctor and he's awesome. I tried a female and she was prying all in my business. So I always went back to my same male doctor. But I really think its the person itself not the gender of the doctor.
  • I went to a male dr from 15-18 than when I turned 19 I been goin to a woman dr n I got to say a woman dr is so much better she delieved my son n she explained a lot more than the male dr