uugghhh bed bugs :-/

So I think we have bed bugs...out of nowhere!!!!
Three days ago we woke up & later I noticed little bumps on my son, looked like bites, my boyfriend had nothing, & I was just itchy throughout the day.
Next night we were ok my baby looked like he just had a rash...Idk but I've been itchy I get bumps while I itch but they disappear after a few minutes....& my boyfriend still nothing
We slept in the living room last night & my son had one little red bump on his neck.
My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy, I've been crying...freaking out...washing our stuff
We live in an apartment so our landlord said she would send someone but noone yet
Ugh I'm stressed :( I just want to cry esp. Because my boyfriend don't believe me!
I looked on the mattress but really didn't see bugs but maybe I'm not looking good I'm scared too so that don't help
Any tips? Yalls stories who dealt with them? I think we have them but I don't know.
Tips for cleaning, looking for them, know you have them...
Help ladies :'( I'm a mess

Comments

• I thought we had bedbugs in our suite. Bedbugs only eat once every couple of weeks. Their bites don't usually show up until a few days after being bitten. Their bites are painless, you wont feel them biting you. Bite marks are usually in a pattern of 3, also known as "breakfast, lunch, and dinner". Look around the edge of your mattress for shed skin, and bug feces.
  • I've never had them but I know someone who did and they had to move completely out. I don't think u can get rid of bed bugs.
  • @fate
    Thank you! I need to look harder. Did you have bed bugs then? Do you know if the bites usually stay there & stay red for a day or two? My sons "bites" are like that, I'm just itchy & have bumps go away in a few minutes...
    @Tootie08
    Oh no, never get rid of them? :-/ yikes Ima freak out,aggaainnn!!!
  • I'm 37 years old and all along I thought bed bugs were a myth... My mommy would alwasy say "Good night and dont let the bed bugs bite." It wasnt until I came on to Pregly and started to hear all the stories on bed bugs. Now all of you have me freaking out looking around my house.. RMAO

try and bomb your apartment, maybe you have a ton of little baby spiders.
  • So I wouldn t be itchy everyday? Or my son wouldn't have a few "bites" everyday? If they were bed bugs? I've read stories on line & info but want help from my pregly friends, your all so helpful!
    @YNVTish
    Haha I know me too, well ive never dealt with them now I'm like ohmygosh!!!!! So I think its them, hoping not...uugghh my boyfriend called me annoying & I cried like a baby, just making myself freak
  • I wasn't trying to scare u...might be able to get rid of them but it'll definitely be a task so hopefully its not bed bugs
  • Nope, no bed bugs. Thank God. The bites could stay for a few days, go away, and reappear. If you don't have bed bugs, it might be fleas. Even if you don't have a pet, they could come in from outside and it only takes 1 flea to lay eggs. You can see bed bugs.. they're small but big enough to see.
  • It's okay lady, I've been freaking this whole time haha, oh I know - they're so tiny & hide well so I've read!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat oh my! Shucks, how did you move? Don't they get into everything? I don't know what to do, I've washed clothes, blankets...my sons toys like walker, bouncers & stuff? So you only saw one bug? Eeww I don't know what to do, stressing
  • We got bedbugs after our downstairs neighbors moved out when we lived in our last apartment. they are awful!!! i would wake up with bite marks all over my arms. the only reason we could see them is when we switched the sheets to light blue and i moved the pillows and could see them crawling. they are microscopic and we had to throw out our bed,as in the mattress and boxspring and frame. the frame was wood and they were living in that too. we had to call and exterminator and had to be out of our house for 3 days and also wash every article of clothing and fabric. if they are on the material they will die in the dryer from the heat. bombing your house will do absolutely nothing!!! they are an extremely hard to get rid of
  • @mama_kat thanks lady! I hope so too :-/ we didn't get bothered untill three days ago...
    @landonsmom uugghh sorry lady! Ok good I've been washing stuff & drying stuff
    Sssoooooo my landlord sent the maintenance man, he walked in look at mattress & just said I cant see bugs but we can get spray & come spray...the landlord wanted to go a cheaper route...so I still don't know if I have them guess I need to go take things apart & look for myself -_-
    Maybe we should just move
  • They are very hard to see but of ur lucky you will be able to...look in the seems on the mattress thats where they like to be. u will either see them or black spots
  • @reemama I got bed bugs at my apartment a few months ago they are horrible. They are not so small you can't see them. They look like ticks just more reddish. Don't bomb call a bug guy out to do an inspection. Check your couches pillows clothes EVERYTHING. Check the seems closely. They only come out at night and usually have one blood source that they feed off of. They like the carbon monoxide we let off. I'm so sorry if you have them oh also they can live in the walls and air ducks. They can squeeze real small and go behind nail heads inbetween wood and what not. Also keep a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol around it kills on contact. Sorry if I am rambling but if you need to know more just ask. Also look up the landlord tenant act it will help out so much. And do your research. It helps.
  • They can also multiply/ lay up to ten eggs a day. Sooo gross. Don't put aside. Get a professional to come out!
  • They make bed bug spray and bombs. Hot Shot makes it and i think Raid does too.
  • We had to get rid of our bed cuz of them. And now my daughters bed (playpen) has them. She doesn't get bit though. At least that I've noticed. We need to get rid of it but have no where else for her to sleep.
  • I hope for your sake you don't have them.
  • @blushing_mommy thanks so much, very helpful...I've been looking for bugs but I can't find them plus I cant see (glasses are broken) my bf just says nothing because he don't believe me :( it sucks I really don't think Im imaging things :(
    @mama_kat that's what I thought but my landlord thinks different.
    @angel26 oh no I know I just want to throw everything away :( so gross
    Ugh my landlord sent the maintenace man to tell me he would get sprays & spray...my 11 month old is the one with the bites or so they look like, I'm just itchy like all the time, my Mr nada...so me thinking about sprays & what if the neighbors have them, I called orkin its 95 for inspection & more for treatment if found...well I told her I called them & she got mad said spray was cheaper, I'm still getting my inspection even if I have to pay!!!! Ggrrr
  • Tell them you have a baby and will sue!
  • I second what Fate said. Last year we thought we had bed bugs, I freaked and almost paid a ton of money for a heat treatment after having an orkin man come inspect for bed bugs. He didn't see any but said it probably was because of the bites. My gut told me not to pay that without being sure so I called a company with a bed bug detection dog. They were going to come out when I finally discovered I really had FLEAS in the house. They were a pain to get rid of but I successfully did it with no chemicals, just a lot of vacuuming and washing. Maybe see if a company around you has bed bug detection dogs? I think it was like $100 ish for the dog to come check and they are supposed to be super accurate!
  • edited July 2012
    I think u would have to call a professional to come out if its serious. Bed begs can be found in sofas, walls, and underneath ur bed. I used to work at bed bath & beyond in sf & ppl in downtown area come in everyday talking about bed begs. Well bbb sell mattress protector that keeps bed bugs in & cant chew their way out. But they r expensive. Starting price around 89 & up depending on bed size. They also have a spray that kills bed bugs called rest easy bed bugs spray. lol i used to sell a ton, ppl say it work. But u have to flip not just ur mattress flip ur box spring n see if u find black spots. Bed bugs r normally to small too see. But if u see black spots that means u def have them. If u do buy the spray n spray ur mattress and box spring. But u might not b able to sleep on it the same night bc u have to air out the mattress bc of the smell its a cinnamon smell very strong. So once u think bed bugs r dead u buy the bed bug mattress protector. This is if u have a small case of bed bugs if its everywhere then u have to call someone. Good luck
  • @fate & @Michellebelle how did you ever find out it was fleas? Wow okay let me know ladies thanks for being helpful
    I called orkin & I'm paying for him to inspect tomorrow since my landlord wont! She wants to go the cheap way & send the maintenance man??? 0_o & get sprays but I'm worried what if my neighbors have them so if I just spray they'll come back!
    I might have to find a dog inspection place
  • edited July 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What state are you in?