should i find out???

edited July 2012 in Pregnant
i have my scan on thursday and still havent decided if i should find out the gender? i already have a son and would LOVE a daughter but wouldnt mind either as long as its healthy! on the other hand my bf has two sons and i really think he will be dissapointed with another son?! obviously he will love it either way but should we wait and have the suprise or should we find out and be prepared?!

Comments

• I liked being prepared. There was NO WAY I could have gone the whole time not knowing lol
  • I can't wait...I'm not that patient lol. I also like being prepared! But this time we are getting the gender scan and having the lady write down the gender and seal it up in an envelope...then a friend of mine is going to dye the inside of a cake pink or blue and then we are cutting into the cake with our whole family to find out! So we will all be finding out together!
  • You could always have the tech put it in an envelop and you can decide later on if you want to know, you'll always have the option.
  • @babyluv that's a fun idea.
    I'm not paitent enough to wait. Lol. I would go insane. But I think it would be kinda fun to find out on the day of delivery.
  • With my next I'm not going to find out whenever I decide to have another but only because I have a girl and a boy lol..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We kept ours a surprise. It was amazing, fun, exciting. The whole time I had such a strong feeling that it was a boy. I even decorated the nursery in frogs and just told myself it was gender nuteral lol.
    The way my husband got to announce what our lo was when they placed him on my chest was one of many amazing feelings that I got to experience during the birth. He was so cute about it. The Dr asked him "well what is it?!" And my husband goes "a boy?" Rofl all the nurses cracked up.
  • Its sooo much fun waiting
  • We waited!! Loved it and wouldn't change it!
  • I couldn't wait this is my first and had to find out. See how you feel when your in there. X
  • Well you could be like me and google boy and girl u/s pics got ___week. And tell the tech you want to try to figure it out yourself!! Obviously you can be like its a girl! Right? Lol.... WE had a gender reveal party and didn't find out at the u/s but since I googled it I kinda had an idea and I saw a penis & sack..... But was kinda in denial because I wanted a girl. The techs made small "she/her" comments, after I made a "he" comment in front of hubby. He thought for sure he was a girl! Lol. But sure enough 5 days later. "its a boy" anyway I don't have patience so I'd have to find out! But my next time around I'm totally going to try figuring it out myself first then ask if I'm right! Good luck!
  • @babyluv I did the gender reveal party. It was so fun! So exciting! We had games/prizes. A board where everyone put there guesses. Everyone who guessed boy got put into a hat and we have a gift card. And also we got mardigras beads and if they said baby ppl could take them basically a baby shower game but it was fun at that party with the guys! Anyway, it was a very very very exciting day! We were shocked!
  • @babyluv8 aw that sounds like so much fun!! What a great idea!