The Most Scientific Birth Is Often the Least Technological Birth

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2012
    Yes exactly I wish I would've read this before I had my 1st one...they had me doing all sorts of stuff! I've really been trying to research a lot so that I can have the best birthing experience. I actually have a question though @HomeBirthAdvocate...I was in labor with my son for two days and they put me on pitocin (right away when I didn't need it and it slowed my labor way down) and they broke my water (which seemed to slow it down even more) how long can you deny that kind of stuff and it be safe for the baby...I don't want the pitocin and I want my water to break on it's own...but I also don't want a c-section because they think it's moving too slow?!
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate Thank you so much for taking the time to give me such great information I am definitely going to look into a midwife and if not that a doula. Thank you at the time it was my first child and I was nervous so I just let them do whatever but this time I'm not letting them touch me lol
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate Wow I have so many great options for a doula in my town...I am so excited about this! Thanks to pregly and all of the awesome woman on here for opening my eyes up to a better birthing experience and breastfeeding!
  • @homebirthadvocate your so helpful to alot of us and i really wish you lived close to me i could use a midwife like you. It seems the ones around here are more like the obs because they are in the offices with them.
  • @ta2edblondie Thanks I'm excited to be looking into a different way this time!
    @HomeBirthAdvocate wow you are going to be a surrogate that is amazing! What an incredible thing to do! Hey I had another question for you...have you heard of HypnoBirth? We actually have classes in my town for it and it's sounds really interesting...didn't know if you had heard anything about it?!